Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Connecting Server To A Web-Hosted MySQL Database

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently running tiredstory source and switched my website over to a web-hosted website by godaddy. It came with cPanel and I had to create an online MySQL database through that. The website connected to the new database perfectly, however, when I edited my db.properties file to the new database information, the server came up with a WorldRegistry error when I ran tiredstorylauncher.bat. when I ran all 3 bat files separate, the server loaded and I was able to login and create a character. The information was saved to my new online MySQL database but when I finished entering my PIC it would DC me back to the login screen.

I know there is a problem with my connection somehow but I don't understand how it can save character information to the db but not connect me to the game. I also don't understand why the server shows errors when running tiredstorylauncher.bat but not when I run the files separately. At this point I'm extremely confused and any help would be appreciated.

Things I've tried:

1) opened port 3306
2) disabled firewall
3) called godaddy and had them check the connection to the database and it was good

Here is what my db.properties file looks like

driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
url= jdbc:mysql://(hostname):3306/(database)?autoReconnect=true
user = (dpusername)
password = (dbpassword)

obviously i have my information plugged in instead lol

Thanks in advance for the help!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Try placing your JCE security files in the correct locations. This caused me to dc at char selection in the past.

Upvote 0
Back