Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] how to ban / ip block someone from ur server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how do i ban someone without having to log in the game? and how do i check their ip and block it?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: how to ban / ip block someone from ur server?

google search PeerGuardian it works pretty damn good ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
declare @ip varchar(50)
select @ip = IP from tb_user where straccountid = @accountid
if @ip ='200.121.195.45'
begin
update userdata set authority = 255 where struserid = @id
end

you can add that code to your load_user_data and put his IP there and as soon as the guy with such ip makes a character he will get dc nd the account will be banned :D

pd : i made this bcz someone was using speed hack in my server nd he made too many accounts lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sexy, that's just IP witch hunting. To actually block somebody's Ip completely from your server you could use Peer guardian as suggested. I suggested that first. Like a year ago when HAKO was dosing me. You can also install a firewall such as eset smart security, and add the ip to ban to a non-trusted ip list. Or, you can use a hardware firewall like a cisco systems one. All of these are viable solutions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx for all the info on blocking ips but i dont know where it says there actual ip, on my tb user it just says "NULL" on the coloum where it says IP, so how do i find out the IP of them? and can i also find out the IP they registered with and the IP that there playing with?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sexy, that's just IP witch hunting. To actually block somebody's Ip completely from your server you could use Peer guardian as suggested. I suggested that first. Like a year ago when HAKO was dosing me. You can also install a firewall such as eset smart security, and add the ip to ban to a non-trusted ip list. Or, you can use a hardware firewall like a cisco systems one. All of these are viable solutions.

peer gaurdian don't do crap server 2003 use ipsec.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx for all the info on blocking ips but i dont know where it says there actual ip, on my tb user it just says "NULL" on the coloum where it says IP, so how do i find out the IP of them? and can i also find out the IP they registered with and the IP that there playing with?

need this answered bump

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well i dont like to use firewall :jester:

nd get their IP when they r online sucks

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[PROC_INSERT_CURRENTUSER]
@AccountID varchar(50),
@CharID varchar(50),
@ServerNo int,
@ServerIP varchar(50),
@ClientIP varchar(50),
@nret smallint output

AS

INSERT INTO CURRENTUSER ( nServerNo, strServerIP, strAccountID, strCharID, strClientIP ) Values (@ServerNo, @ServerIP, @AccountID, @CharID, @ClientIP )
set @nret=1

update tb_user set IP = @clientip where straccountid = @accountid
when someone log it will save his IP in the table tb_user so even if he is offline u still can get his IP :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i downloaded peerguard but dont know how to add ips, i open list manager but dont know how to add ips that i wanna ban into there, anyone know what to do?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
stop bumping lol..

and srry for that '' useless '' post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fk off Special person if you don't stick to topic GTFO. I asked a question and this is where it goes

BUMP - i tried adding the IP to list manager but theres no thing where i put the ip i wanna block...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Download comodo from download.com. It is like a security complex, and if you aren't new to computers then I would recommend it. It monitors all IPs that are connecting using different programs. *you can see all the IPs using your web server and game server, as well as set blocked IPs that won't even be able to use your KOpanel.

It is a firewall+intrusion detector (detects remote desktop applications) + anti spyware all in one and its free.

BEWARE it is very very strict

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx ill try that out, but does anyone know how to add ips to peerguardian using list manager it asks for a p2p file or some poop

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx ill try that out, but does anyone know how to add ips to peerguardian using list manager it asks for a p2p file or some poop

u have to make a txt file and click it then click add then put the ip in there with a range or just put ip in all 3 spots it will block it

Back