Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[help]Making dual swords

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok im trieng to make rusty sword duals.I change it in zitem.pack it and put it in match server.Than when i try to weald them nothing apears and when i play with them i dont get any sword all it does is say the name of it.I know you have to do something in weapon.xml or something could someone tell me what?

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
rename the thing to like katana01x2 or w/e

That does nothing. You have to actually define what it is, not just change the name

To make the dual katanas, go into weapon.xml in model.mrs. Add a new entry with whatever mesh name you want, doesn't have to include x2. Change the model (elu file) to one of the katanas. Then make the weapon type and weapon motion type to those of kodachi (the key is on the top of the XML file). Then in zitem add a new kodachi with the mesh name you made in weapon.xml

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont really get this could i explain with little more detail please
Code:
To make the dual katanas, go into weapon.xml in model.mrs. Add a new entry with whatever mesh name you want, doesn't have to include x2. Change the model (elu file) to one of the katanas. Then make the weapon type and weapon motion type to those of kodachi (the key is on the top of the XML file). Then in zitem add a new kodachi with the mesh name you made in weapon.xml

Upvote 0
The beer?? Its here !!!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I will help you out. OK??

<AddWeaponElu name="katana01x2" weapon_motion_type = "13" weapon_type = "18" >
<AddBaseModel name="katana01x2" filename="model/weapon/katana/katana01.elu" />
</AddWeaponElu>
1> Unpack model.mrs
2> Edit weapon.xml
3> Past in this code
4> Save it and repack model.mrs
5> Open zitem.xml and past in this
<ITEM id="997" name="Dual Katana 01" iscashitem="false" mesh_name="katana01x2" totalpoint="0" type="melee"
res_sex="a" res_level="0" slot="melee" weapon="doublekatana" weight="3" bt_price="50"
delay="356" damage="5" range="160" ctrl_ability="0" magazine="0" reloadtime="0" slug_output="false"
gadget_id="0" hp="0" ap="0" maxwt="0" sf="0" fr="0" cr="0" pr="0" lr="0" color="#FFFFFF80" desc=".." />
6> You can change the weight, damamge etc, and Item number
7> Save it. And place the zitem.xml into your matchserver and repack your system.mrs
8> Restart the server and start gunz.
9> But the item, and hopla you have double katana.

Did i help you out or not??
I'm helping you because i'm an very good mood today.

And thank me if I help you!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ty a lot it worked but i got question it gave me giant sword duals how u change it to other swords like milatery?

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Code:
<AddWeaponElu name="katana01x2" weapon_motion_type = "13" weapon_type = "18" >
<AddBaseModel name="katana01x2" filename="[B]model/weapon/sword/sword01.elu[/B]" />
</AddWeaponElu>

Change that.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
u think i could use same thing for daggers?
and how do u know which sword or gun is which?

Upvote 0
The beer?? Its here !!!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@ RoA changed it. LOL stupid mistake of me

@Arnelis you can use the same thing for dual daggers, but then you need to the weapon.xml string to dagger01x2 and the file name will be then model/weapon/dagger/dagger01.elu
And in the zitem.xml also dagger01x2. But the dagger01x2 can be changed to dualdagger01 or something you want, but make it the same in weapon.xml and zitem.xml

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
and how do u know which sword or gun is which?
like dagger01 or dagger 02

Upvote 0
The beer?? Its here !!!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
there are a couple of different elu file named dagger01 dagger02 etc, and also there .tga files with same name

Download Infranvieuw with the plugins for dds files, Then you look with items is it,
Wanna edit them download photoshop with the nvidia plugin for dds files.

And the pictures wont look like the same as in the game there flat.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hm this is stupid ok i go to model and weapons i copy the line u gave me 4 more times.In each one i change sword name
Code:
model/weapon/sword/sword01.elu[code]to 02,03,04,05.Than i quit and save pack.Than zitem.i paste the line u gave me.I change ids of it ones that r not used.Exit,save,pack.Than when i play all those 5 swords are giant sword duals with same name.

Upvote 0
The beer?? Its here !!!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For dual katana change it to katana01, i made an mistake in the post.
katana01x2 is dual katana
sword01x2 is dual giant sword
dagger01x2 is dual dagger
And the name you can change in the zitem at this part
name="Dual Katana 01"

i think you will be abble to make now the dual katanas,daggers and swords or not?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey i went to model changed from
model/weapon/sword/sword01.elu
to
model/weapon/sword/katana01.elu
exited packed and played when i played i saw my character wearing nothing.do i change something in zitem?

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
...did you even look in model.mrs? That file doesn't exist in the sword folder, it's in the KATANA folder.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok i did i renamed it it in weapon.xml and now when i log in all the dual swords are rusty sword duals:(What can i do?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
there are i think nine katana models. they should go in order so just use it like going up

like for example change the repetitive
Code:
model/weapon/katana/katana01.elu
to something with one number up like
Code:
model/weapon/katana/katana02.elu or
model/weapon/katana/katana03.elu

so on and so on. but remember it only goes to about nine

Upvote 0
Back