Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help]Matchserver DB Error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
More information is needed.

Post your matchserver log file.
Thank you for your valuable reply.
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a way, but I need the source code.
I'll look for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thank you for your valuable reply.
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a way, but I need the source code.
I'll look for it.

you can find many source codes in the releases section.
I recommend that you use Jetman project, complete and stable so far. If the error with the matchserver persists, put the matchserver log so that those who see your post can help more precisely.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you can find many source codes in the releases section.
I recommend that you use Jetman project, complete and stable so far. If the error with the matchserver persists, put the matchserver log so that those who see your post can help more precisely.
I use the same Jetman project but when I want to add items to it, the zitem doesn't grab it because of crc32. I want to disable it in the source but I couldn't. When I include the model woman and man it crashes when I execute the runnable.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying to add the Items UnPacked By Jorklenis2 items but I couldn't due to the errors it throws me

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
unless you are no longer 100% sure which shared files you have, meaning the source release versions of 1.5 gunz, and the client, as well as the database. and by this I mean specifically 100% sure, because when you combine games, server files, etc. as a plan, to get your first work working, but if you have had to make changes by applying for fixes from different sources, usually this leads to a 100% sure problem, it's a different matter to create a game with visual studio , than that it is 100% compatible(unless you work and re-create entire server runnables and configure them to work).

and even one part of the source file that may be in different versions, and even in server/client files,
leads to the fact that the wrong command-call name is used in the game or in the server or in the DB, or tries to searching for information that is not there,
and leads to an error, or trying to read text that is not there, leads to nomsg.

as Jackass says, don't try these tricks at home, because the presented tricks have been tested and designed by professionals, so even one addition taken from here, in the hands of an amateur, can leave behind destruction that you don't even notice, when the main thing for you(assumed) is that VS reports that 10/10 builds successful , and then you're already ready to play, and when you find a problem, you may not realize that even after a successful .exe, and during the process, something might have been left unread or deleted, and ghosts like this kill noobs..

not even the PS5's designated famous coder who was hired by Elon Musk To fix Twitter Code last year , and he accepted the job ofc, he even said he would fix the backend and framework code in 2 weeks even the job was signed for 3 months, but after a 2 weeks later he resigned the job and said the code is that terrible, that trying to overwrite and fix the code, would first rquire him to down-scale own IQ way down below his average, that he didnt want to have anything to do with that code at all. some things need to be erased entirely, or re-write entirely , but gunz what is combination of 100 designated freelancer coders from 2 decades, makes the source very easy to begin and start acting like pro coder, but as soon you become to realize, after a 1-2 changes you endup screwing it up , and you do it probably 1000 times even u started from scratch, then you understand exactly what i mean with this all im trying to say generally.

that is,
I strongly recommend starting from the beginning, download clean platforms for each one, and now use this experience to recreate the entire game, and work only on the files that are sure to work 1:1.

and after you have completed the rebuild, and the server is up and running. then only start dismantling the project on which you can make new changes step by step, take care to save after each change and test one change at a time, because it ruins the bug fix if you make 5 changes at once and you find an error, you fix it, but then you find another error, but it may be that you no longer understand what the error is related to and you are again in the same situation as now. good luck with your business! :)

I'm trying to add the Items UnPacked By Jorklenis2 items but I couldn't due to the errors it throws me
if you are having error in buying items from bounty-store ingame, to fix that is matter of adding the information of the items you are selling in the store, add the same itemids to database items.dbo table one by one. but in any other situation is related to what i said first, a problem thats caused by misconfiguration and bad initial setups and names doesnt match or are not regonized by the entire client.

as well be cautious that default.mrs includes a crucial ingame information resources, and i could say EVERY GUNZ CLIENT has that file alone Special and Unique, and mostly you are not able to raw replace a someones else custom default.mrs into yours, its source of most iconic errors and missing strings problem, to instantious game crashes on load.

but only if you can agree that you aint 100% sure if you got even line borrowed from other source or other clientsource to refill to make your setup supposed fix. do not bother to explain me about further of this problem, because i want to help you only if you know this is a case and you have a problem, we are not dealing with each other until you have decided and done as I have asked, so that when you are ready, we can go through the matter immediately without any fuss. re-install whole setup as i said.
I promise you i will help you to guide you to your wished resolution.
ps. i've fully working setup forged from the same 2008 july files you are using here, i linked and debug the compatibly issues and relatives with a official 2004 beta files and re-wrote some source to original state and made sure its working across global source. so im able to share you these files what makes the vanilla 2008 gunz pre-ready installment for your server instant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back