Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help on gunz !

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ENGLISH:

Greetings to all! :laugh:

I am a veteran player of gunz, and I had left it years ago, today I want to return but with my own server, any advice to create a server with contributions, or can someone help me? :?: thank you all very much! :/:

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hopefully you understand building the server is 95% chance only thing you may gain from doing it is satisfaction building one, all the new and young servers are doom to exist in shadow of old pservers like fgunz and igunz, and those 100 players only few may visit and play new servers, but thats it, and you shouldnt expect more out of it, but expierence and having something to kill time for, dont do it for anyone else sakes, but yourself if you decide to work on one. >.<

Upvote 0
I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
hopefully you understand building the server is 95% chance only thing you may gain from doing it is satisfaction building one, all the new and young servers are doom to exist in shadow of old pservers like fgunz and igunz, and those 100 players only few may visit and play new servers, but thats it, and you shouldnt expect more out of it, but expierence and having something to kill time for, dont do it for anyone else sakes, but yourself if you decide to work on one. >.<

That is false, nothing is lost in trying it, to make a good server you have to make a very good investment in case you do not know about the subject but if you do know it saves you more with a good team and you lose nothing in trying it I went through this in the 2011 and I had good results but due to lack of time I couldn't get my servers online.

In addition, the only servers that always have a number of users are ugg and freestyle, igunz is recent and got good users and is still standing with about 50 or 25 a day, we also have someone similar like enigma gunz and m2o (gunz: the last duel) but if you launch a good server with a good anti-lead system you can get good results.

Regardless of whether it is old or modern.
Without fear of success friend and encouragement!

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
mm i didnt want to say whatever i said to let down in attempt to achieve, but to reality check in my opinion if gunz server is worth it or something anyone with making one first time is able to get past the older pservers and gain such a stable state, so having the low expectations and making one for own interests is better mindset to not feel like spent money on server and that has expectations to be 100% plan to work out in 2022.

also the fact that most likely minimal requirement is exist months before traffic and people start joining , so there might be a start period where the online count is 0-10 for first few months, and theres no really any shortcuts for this in gunz of what i know, unless you got skills and money and plans of flipping tables around then thats something i m not taking count on on my opinion.

for people with skills and wish to greatness for gunz sakes should anyways rather focus and plan help developing already exiting servers would be nicest contribute for rest players :p

again only if you have skills and plans reverse engineering a gunz something unique the own server is good idea but still understand how gunz community is and how badly they are loyal to default roots of gunz and therefor its imbossible to say how any unique alternations are accepted , but making a greater systems of antilead and so on, would make better affect if its done and worked in a active and populated server, in big picture. without any hustle and competition between pservers and leak and leech wars, if a antilead system alone would drive traffic to new server, that would mean the system would be somehow obtained by other networks and if that happens, it may dry out and regain players back to place what people normally trusted and played on.

like i could contribute a person to willing to test and trial any their project and systems on my server, and afterwards if theres still same thoughts making own network, i would sponsor and cheers for it then. only if people asked me i think its fair to help out people and respect people efforts for gunz.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
That idea of contributing to other servers is absurd, my friend, no one thinks it helps selfish servers and they think they are a big deal, that goes against me, many have gone through that and have been kicked out by the staff and without thanking them.

from there comes the idea of being your own owner of your pserver.
Get rid of that idea of building with existing servers is not a good idea because we are not in 2006 or 2011 anymore.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It gives me a lot of laughter about the community, so many programs, so much "chalala" (talking) and when we see nobody does anything interesting I keep seeing the same thing from 11 years ago, what can I tell you, even though my projects are not public since I destroy sources, I think done more

Upvote 0
I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
It gives me a lot of laughter about the community, so many programs, so much "chalala" (talking) and when we see nobody does anything interesting I keep seeing the same thing from 11 years ago, what can I tell you, even though my projects are not public since I destroy sources, I think done more

is if it is true.

Upvote 0
Be a kicker than cheater.
Reaction score
970block I don't know if you know webLocalHost, and Visual Studio, and SQL Server. But this is for beginner like me that really don't know everything about making a gunz server but I made 1 server successfully and I have played my server only by myself, because of this pandemic I started exploring more and more... S0rry 4 my b4d English.

Here! But only summarized.

#1. Install a VS 2019 as what you read from threads (releases).

#2. Find and download their sources (gunz client and matchserver[matchserver has locator and matchagent]). Read and read and read their releases, you will learn something.
#2.1. Or if you want the basic one, you must learn the oldest gunz client and gunz server files = you cannot edit them with VS (yeah, I don't have link nor version to recommend).

#3. Download and install MS SQL Server (as what you read from their releases from #1 , there are lot of version also so choose wisely)

#4. Download and install your favorite WebLocalHost (that has Php, Mysql, etc - you must learn by yourself and find the best one that fit for you). There are lot of errors that you will encounter in the future (also from #1 to #3), will be hundreds and errors and bugs... But you will face it little by little, not all in just a second.

Upvote 0
Back