Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Ran IP Interceptor...again?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well apparently here I am again, tired of the lag Hamachi is giving us...

I once again tried to make the Ran IP Interceptor and now I'm reminded why I can't even use it in the first place.

Well just from the start it already goes wrong, I think...

Is the IP detection thingy and the IP it detects not supposed to be my External/WAN IP? It's a totally different IP and connecting through that IP doesn't work.

Tried the fast detect Ran Interceptor and apparently it crashes before it can even start.

Is Ran Interceptor only for EP4 or some poop?

Bleh, on to the next method...The RoSED Login Server.

Well after the "INFO: INFO:Login Server Connection OK" part a few minutes later, this shows up;

"ERROR: ERROR:CLoginServer : : Login packetz reserved failed Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

My RoSED settings consists of me putting the same settings, port and IP on both the Server and the Login settings, then put "1" on channel, placed the WAN IP displayed on my Router status page, and I am nowhere.

Anyone got any idea regarding this crappy issue?

EDIT:
I have port-forwarded all ports with DMZ, by the way.

whyohwhygawddamnit - [Help] Ran IP Interceptor...again? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did try to understand the instructions but they are too vague for me to understand, so I did my own tests and nothing works, I want to understand it so I'm asking is the detected IP supposed to be my WAN IP or is it supposed to be different? Cause what's its displaying is not my EXT/WAN IP.

(I should refrain from typing tl;dr posts in hopes that someone actually reads them xD no offense)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
yes... what is shown on the detected ip is your wan ip address... what is your ISP? what modem do you have? some internet providers uses a router behind a router so like two hops to get to the internet, maybe thats happening to you....

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes... what is shown on the detected ip is your wan ip address... what is your ISP? what modem do you have? some internet providers uses a router behind a router so like two hops to get to the internet, maybe thats happening to you....

maybe. I'm getting different IPs in different "WhatIsMyIP" websites. well I guess I'm stuck with Hamachi lag. It's not like I'm making money out of this anyway, I just want to go play on a server where I can invite a few asshats in and do some of the poop we couldn't do on the official. I would've made their summer cool if only I got this right at the right time, well here I am still fumbling and using Hamachi. Hahaha.

Anyways, thanks for the help. Guess this is going nowhere unless I find someone else who has Sweety Ran to test if outside connections still get the "Server Connected Fail" prompt when they try connecting to a channel, cause that's the problem we get without Hamachi tunneling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
*Retired
Reaction score
maybe. I'm getting different IPs in different "WhatIsMyIP" websites. well I guess I'm stuck with Hamachi lag. It's not like I'm making money out of this anyway, I just want to go play on a server where I can invite a few asshats in and do some of the poop we couldn't do on the official. I would've made their summer cool if only I got this right at the right time, well here I am still fumbling and using Hamachi. Hahaha.

Anyways, thanks for the help. Guess this is going nowhere unless I find someone else who has Sweety Ran to test if outside connections still get the "Server Connected Fail" prompt when they try connecting to a channel, cause that's the problem we get without Hamachi tunneling.

for me I use dlink router if i off my computer my wan ip changes or if i off my modem but still works fine the detected wan ip i use it in param.ini and others .

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
for me I use dlink router if i off my computer my wan ip changes or if i off my modem but still works fine the detected wan ip i use it in param.ini and others .

Apparently I tried that even if the IP was different, but I'll try it again anyways just for the lulz. post for results later.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
im just curios,if you may, can you tell us the IP that shows in the ip interceptor, and the your supposedly wan ip address?

my detected IP is something like 202.xxx.xx.xx but the IP showing on "WhatIsMyIP" is different and is something like 218.xxx.xx.x.

And apparently when I use the IP shown on the RAN IP interceptor, it already fails on binding it.

Also what I was doing was using LAN IP and used the IP on the Interceptor on the param.ini, did not work. Won't even get through since the IP shown on the Interceptor ain't my IP, so it gets internet disconnected error.

Bleh.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
is comcast your provider? if so check all your pc for a malware... i just remembered that i had this experience with them. i had a pc that was infected with a malware or whatever and they have this filtering system or what ever that redirects all my traffic to their "secure" line thus having a second outbound gateway that messed up my ip stuff....

and if it is not, then ask your ISP to bridge those two outbound connections.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
is comcast your provider? if so check all your pc for a malware... i just remembered that i had this experience with them. i had a pc that was infected with a malware or whatever and they have this filtering system or what ever that redirects all my traffic to their "secure" line thus having a second outbound gateway that messed up my ip stuff....

and if it is not, then ask your ISP to bridge those two outbound connections.

Nope, not comcast.

I just need someone with SweetyRan to use their client to try and connect to my IP, but not have too much luck there, everyone's too busy tinkering with theirs lol.

Well, here's the thing;
I'm using EP7 Six Class, and I heard RoSED only works on EP6 S2 so I copied the server files of Graveyard Ran EP6 to mine and placed the same configurations.

I ran EP7 Session, Field and Agent Servers, but the Login lastly was EP6, then I ran RoSED and it connected (Well after 5 minutes or so).

I tried connecting to the server with the EP6 Login Server, and yes I'm stuck at the "Connecting to Server" crap just at the server menu.

What I did is kept RoSED running, closed EP6 Login Server, then ran EP7 Login Server and connected just fine, apparently I still haven't tested if this works with external connections, apparently I don't think it'll work.

Does RoSED only works on IP's and Ports instead of the processes/executables? Does this have a chance of working?

Also RoSED is set to my WAN IP connecting to my LAN IP, so I really hope this works...but I guess it won't, until I get a test subject with SweetyRan. Well, that sucks.

Thanks anyway.

PS: I run Spybot 2 - Search & Destroy once in a while so I dunno about malwares. Also Microsoft Security Essentials. Meh.

Also I can't call the ISP since I'm moving places now, well if I can find somewhere to move to lol. I'm not even sure if there's gonna be an internet for me. Even if there is internet, I might not be able to get another 100MB internet connection. Bleh, that's why I'm rushing everything. Well, whatever happens, happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i created a ran offline ep7 v1. i cant even play it :( its about a week that im doing it :( i even use vmware. and everything that ive searched but still cant. pls help me :( pm me in facebook aristotleperez29@gmail.com thnx for the one who will help me :(

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well apparently here I am again, tired of the lag Hamachi is giving us...

I once again tried to make the Ran IP Interceptor and now I'm reminded why I can't even use it in the first place.

Well just from the start it already goes wrong, I think...

Is the IP detection thingy and the IP it detects not supposed to be my External/WAN IP? It's a totally different IP and connecting through that IP doesn't work.

Tried the fast detect Ran Interceptor and apparently it crashes before it can even start.

Is Ran Interceptor only for EP4 or some poop?

Bleh, on to the next method...The RoSED Login Server.

Well after the "INFO: INFO:Login Server Connection OK" part a few minutes later, this shows up;

"ERROR: ERROR:CLoginServer : : Login packetz reserved failed Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

My RoSED settings consists of me putting the same settings, port and IP on both the Server and the Login settings, then put "1" on channel, placed the WAN IP displayed on my Router status page, and I am nowhere.

Anyone got any idea regarding this crappy issue?

EDIT:
I have port-forwarded all ports with DMZ, by the way.

View attachment 120907

hello, first, this interceptor working fine on my private server, then...
after my IP keeps changing (because i have dynamic IP) now it stuck on Detecting IP Address, the main reason is, why don't the development make it more custom by using our manually set IP Address...
i really wonder why, since the detecting function isn't really working anyway....

Upvote 0
Back