Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Removing all skill requirements

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Apparently the way excel opens comma delimited files are just painful.

The columns are arranged in a way where there is text above the numbers and values, thus they get in the way of finding and replacing stuff.

Is there any way to be able to edit all of these in one go? I just got tired of using "Match entire cell values" then finding every value and replacing them. Even tried transposing the columns into rows but FailExcel can only transpose 256 columns at a time, totally not enough. Even if I succeed in transposing, the text would still be in the way. Blah blah blah.

Erm, crap, I can't think. I'm sorry but I'm watching Charlie the Unicorn 4 and the damn singing millipede on YouTube. I'm not sure if what I'm posting is retarded or obvious.

EDIT:
Just for clarification, what I meant by skill requirements are the Level, POW, DEX, INT and stuff requirements. Why I want these gone cause I'm using SweetyRan where all skills are already included at character creation (All POW, INT and DEX skills), cause I'm trying to add an oblivion potion method of resetting crap and adding all scrolls to the NPCs, but if they reset and don't have the stat requirements well they're poop outta luck.

Reaction score
what do you mean skill requirements ?? like if you are getting tokkan punch and it required lvl heavy punch?? if this is your problem just open skilleditor and just edit it there

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
what do you mean skill requirements ?? like if you are getting tokkan punch and it required lvl heavy punch?? if this is your problem just open skilleditor and just edit it there

Just edited for clarification.

EDIT:
well its too troublesome to edit every skill on EP7 6class tearhear's skill editor cause there's a bug on MP and SP where when you click Next Page on the skill editor it will bug MP SP values and turn them into HP and MP use, also it bugs out a few of the values and effects of the skills, so the most I can edit on the skill editor is at the First Page where I edit animations effects and stuff.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Just edited for clarification.

EDIT:
well its too troublesome to edit every skill on EP7 6class tearhear's skill editor cause there's a bug on MP and SP where when you click Next Page on the skill editor it will bug MP SP values and turn them into HP and MP use, also it bugs out a few of the values and effects of the skills, so the most I can edit on the skill editor is at the First Page where I edit animations effects and stuff.

did u use comment.ini of tearhear?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
did u use comment.ini of tearhear?

Oh. That. Well no, but that's beside the point though. It's not like we're gonna edit 9 levels of deleting four text boxes of Level requirement, skill point requirement, then the stat requirements per skill.

I'm asking about the CSV excel thing and if there's another way to find and replace stuff cause I found the columns where it affects the skill requirements, the problem is the text above the values, even with "Match entire cell values" checked, they're in the way. Is there any other way of converting comma delimited files to an easier view? any application or something? Stupidly, I tried transposing the cells from Columns to Rows, not like its gonna help me or anything, and not like its possible cause Excel coding only allows transposition of 256 or less columns at a time.

I'm gonna find where I put the skill editors and find the included comment.ini just for testing purposes, but I doubt if its even practical to edit this much data on skills using the skill editor itself. This is why I need help on CSV's and comma delimited files.

EDIT:
also tried using wildcards like * and ? on find and replace to edit general numbers but duck it still is a pain.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Oh. That. Well no, but that's beside the point though. It's not like we're gonna edit 9 levels of deleting four text boxes of Level requirement, skill point requirement, then the stat requirements per skill.

I'm asking about the CSV excel thing and if there's another way to find and replace stuff cause I found the columns where it affects the skill requirements, the problem is the text above the values, even with "Match entire cell values" checked, they're in the way. Is there any other way of converting comma delimited files to an easier view? any application or something? Stupidly, I tried transposing the cells from Columns to Rows, not like its gonna help me or anything, and not like its possible cause Excel coding only allows transposition of 256 or less columns at a time.

I'm gonna find where I put the skill editors and find the included comment.ini just for testing purposes, but I doubt if its even practical to edit this much data on skills using the skill editor itself. This is why I need help on CSV's and comma delimited files.

dont use excel use notepad++, excel cant load everything.. notepad++ is better

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
dont use excel use notepad++, excel cant load everything.. notepad++ is better

Isn't it gonna be a bit more harder with seeing commas instead of it converted to cells? Well we've deviated away from my problem, but thanks anyway.

Anyone else got any ideas on my problem on the first post?

EDIT:
Lol, nevermind. I'm just gonna do it the hard way. Find, replace, find, replace, find, replace. Oh gawd I'm so gonna fail my classes (of which I already failed one really lol, and probably gonna fail another). Thanks anyway, I love you guys.

EDIT2:
Done it with this code, anyone who needs help on removing their skill requirements---well as if anyone needs it

Sub Macro1()
Do Until ESC
Cells.Find(What:="abc123", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
ActiveSheet.Paste
Loop
End Sub

If anyone needs it, just tell me, I'll refine the code and teach you how to use it.
Excel VBA scripting is a witch. toodles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back