Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help setting up a server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm trying to set up a server on my computer for fun, just to mess around with some stuff. I have no plans of turning this into a live server.

The problem I'm running into is that my nuez.exe doesn't launch. The reason this is happening, I think, is because CoreServer.exe isn't launching right. After it launches, it updates a text document called error_<yyyymmdd>.txt with a timestamp, and a message saying Not TransServer Connect.

Another question I have is with Launcher.ini. Where should lpCurrentDirectory and lpApplicationName point? should lpCurrentDirectory point to the programs folder, and lpApplicationName point to CoreServer.exe?

Any help here is appreciated! i've tried googling, and it hasn't helped too much. Also, I can attach docs or screen shots if you need. I won't on for the rest of the night, possibly weekend, but will respond asap!

Reaction score
Neuz probably isn't loading because you're trying to double-click it when instead it needs an argument, such as 'sunkist'. Make a file in your client folder and name it something like load.bat, and edit it to look like this:
Code:
Neuz.exe sunkist

The server error logs have nothing to do with the client. I've gotten that error when I started the servers in the wrong order. Try them in this order: Account -> Certifier -> Database -> Core -> Cache -> Login -> World

If that doesn't fix that issue, it's a ODBC/Database issue probably.

And for Launcher.ini, it's unused. You can delete/ignore it. If there is an error log in [client_path]\Log then post it in [/spoiler] tags, as well as any other server error logs.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Neuz probably isn't loading because you're trying to double-click it when instead it needs an argument, such as 'sunkist'. Make a file in your client folder and name it something like load.bat, and edit it to look like this:
Code:
Neuz.exe sunkist

The server error logs have nothing to do with the client. I've gotten that error when I started the servers in the wrong order. Try them in this order: Account -> Certifier -> Database -> Core -> Cache -> Login -> World

If that doesn't fix that issue, it's a ODBC/Database issue probably.

And for Launcher.ini, it's unused. You can delete/ignore it. If there is an error log in [client_path]\Log then post it in [/spoiler] tags, as well as any other server error logs.

What a strange start order. I mostly use this 1: Account > Database > Core > Cert > Cache > Login > World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back