Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ascent [Help] Stuck at 'Connect'!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, when am trying to connect to my own server- online(hamachi) or 127.0.0.1(localhost). It stops at connected when i've choosen server. I've tried to delete the encrypted passwords in database, but no success. I've heard that other peoples get the same error, searched on google.. but no.. :/

I'd be very greatful if someone got a working solution for this problem. Thanx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you are making it to the connect screen then you have already passed onto the password and now you are trying to log into the world.
Check your conf files. Even though with out know what you are running it would be hard to see your problem.
Are you running on *nix or windows.
What ascent ? Repack >? More information would be helpful

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have you add a port in Realm.conf ? Address = "127.0.0.1:8129"
I mean the port, its normaly only 127.0.0.1, U need to add that port do then it works fine :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This happens to me to :O but i cannot connect to others private servers :O Edit: I found out what wrong it is, it's the new patch. To downgrade to another patch here's an tutorial:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
most servers have upgraded to 2.4.3 now so if you haven't do, but yea as gunzha says it's your patch then needs upgrading, so you need to check the following two things

a)whats your patch? 2.4.2 or 2.4.3 - whatever one it is is whatever your server won't work for so go for the other

if it's 2.4.3 server then simply upgrade to the latest patch if it's 2.4.3 server either follow gunzha's tutorial or do the simple guide below

1. go into your main wow folder (c/program files/ world of warcraft
2. go into data folder and delete patch 1 and 2 which are mpq files
3. go back into the main wow folder and click repair, let it run till it's fully done
4. in the main wow folder click on the windowed icon labeled wow-2.4.0-engb-patch (yours might be enfr or us or whatever but it's the same)
5. click on the 3 flying stairs icons slowely moving up in numbers so start with 2.4.0-2.4.1 then 2.4.1-2.4.2 and then stay

this guide also works if you have erroring issues such as when you login on patch 2.4.3 just you update fully back to patch 2.4.3 after

Back