Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

help to edit skill ...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
sorry my english ... google translator :)

please someone could teach me how to edit SKILL?

Example: A character has a skill that lasts 1hour ..... I wanted to do it last 2 hours ...and also change the culture necessary to use it, and gun necessary to activate the skill.

Can anyone help me? Thank you!!!

if it is hard to understand the question, let me make another ......

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
maps / terrain can be added but would require a ton of gs code writing in which case if you don't have minimum 1000+ hours you can forget about it :p

Seriously though, want to edit a skill's duration's etc, take a look at your good ole friend the GS.

Upvote 0
I are an engineer
Reaction score
I've actually thought about making a map editor for PW...
I've noticed Ronny's sMapTool doesn't open DHMAP files
but the one I made does... I've thought about opening
maps in a 3D view as well but haven't implemented it
as of yet.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I don't know if I may be mistaken, but I mean to be able to generate maps in FULL by ourselves (like one could make an ENTIRE map for counter strike [or just about any other FPS game])... I used to be a mapper for FPS games, which also may be why I have such an interest in the matter, but not just editing height maps or little poop like "adding buildings" or "objects" etc... I mean actually being able to create a full map from scratch, including either textures that already exist, OR even be able to create all of our own textures for this 'map creation' (also similar to FPS mapping/level design)...

Also, (@ sxymxd84) ~ There'd be no reason to edit GS to make new maps. To make another FPS comparison, that would be like a level designer having to re-write counterstrike.exe every time he/she made a new map - just aint gonna happen... We'd be making/editing maps themselves, not how they're interacted with or physics or anything (or how the 'engine' would 'display' them) ...

I suppose being able to FULLY map edit/create (in the manner in which I'm thinking [like I always compare it to the level design I used to do for FPS games]) is a wet dream, and may very well never happen. Though if it could/does, the possibilities will really be endless. If one had enough dedication they could basically make a whole NEW game out of PW ... ... ... (if they had the patience or the 'crew' to create a WORLD map from scratch, and all new dungeons [TONS of work]) ... ... ... I think it would certainly be interesting to see what the PW private server community would come up with if we did have this capability though :D:

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
not understand the reasons you are talking about maps, but I guess that means they will not be able to help me, am I right?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
not understand the reasons you are talking about maps, but I guess that means they will not be able to help me, am I right?

Correct, I am implying that editing or creating skills would be about as difficult as it would to edit or create maps/terrains... I am a believer that "anything is possible" and while technically I still think that's true, you may as well consider this one impossible... ... ...

At very best I'd say it would be something 'very advanced'! {that 99.999% of people here would not be capable of doing... ... ...}

Upvote 0
Back