Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Unclear tips for BOI Server files for me and everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all:thumbup1:

I am currently trying to make a private server and allow other users to connect trough hamachi. I've read tons of threads and guides to get to where I am now (finished config files IP/keys/db user/pass etc). But I have a few questions that really bug me:

#1. Do we really need Oracle VM Box specifically? <- tons of errors with this oracle box, it doesn't start normally I have to run it with windows server 2008 compatibility to get it moving.. I would prefer using VMware instead, much more reliable. Please someone clarify this. Logically speaking setting up CentOS on a VM would give the same results as Oracle or better rather.

#2. Can someone post a full list of server files required (minimum, doesn't have to have custom stuff) for example: Windows side files/folders: Auagent, Gameserver, Gateserver, etc // Linux side file/folders: CardServer, DBserver, DBTools, etc. <- reason for this I have a bad feeling I'm missing files.

#3. I've been following this guide to config the server files :)thumbup1: http://forum.ragezone.com/f771/boi-basic-tutorial-video-870786/) yet as I was following it I found by curiosity more files I had to edit the IPs and DB usr, pass in so could someone help me provide everyone a detailed list of files that need changing, or someone who knows this very well provide it. I am more than happy to create this for everyone if someone helps by providing more info.

I am using kev's:thumbup1: repack 2 files but at the same time I'm unsure whether that is just a repack or those files are stand alone + repacked.

Lastly if someone would be so kind as to provide me with some tips and support upon finishing the private server I would be very grateful. PM me skype/ym details if you can't/don't want to post them here.

Sorry for the long post :lol:

Thanks all and keep up the good work!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
A more in depth guide would be useful as well, I believe. I know, when I first started in attempting a BOI server, the "fix your java" step stated in the guide (and in the video) was not only confusing...but annoying. We are grateful for the efforts and achievements of the people who make these files possible...without them, there would be no Ragezone community. I merely state that on a few occasions, a more clear explanation may be possible...and if so...should be presented in order to avoid 50 million repeated questions of the same issue and/or step. Some may call it "spoon feeding"....I call it "damage control". And...it should be kept in mind...that some are attempting these files and servers...for the first time....helping our Ragezone community is paramount in our continued growth.

Reaction score
A more in depth guide would be useful as well, I believe. I know, when I first started in attempting a BOI server, the "fix your java" step stated in the guide (and in the video) was not only confusing...but annoying. We are grateful for the efforts and achievements of the people who make these files possible...without them, there would be no Ragezone community. I merely state that on a few occasions, a more clear explanation may be possible...and if so...should be presented in order to avoid 50 million repeated questions of the same issue and/or step. Some may call it "spoon feeding"....I call it "damage control". And...it should be kept in mind...that some are attempting these files and servers...for the first time....helping our Ragezone community is paramount in our continued growth.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back