Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help]VMWare

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello,im currently having some prob with vmware
example vmware-mx.exe right? i tried opening the taskmanager and check the memory usage it is 1.2gb ram used
but then after a day it drops to 200mb ram usage only
anyone know what's wrong? =/ ive set the server to use 3gb rams
and after a day the server starts to lagg so,that i suspect its because of that

Reaction score
how many users are connecting? how many channels are you running? what is the max recommended memory for centos (if you're using this distro) before memory swapping occurs? is your server secure from attackers?

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
VMWare will automatically trims the memory used by the virtual machine and gives it back to the OS if it thinks it can. Check the advanced settings under the virtual machine and disable memory trimming.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I am using 4gb ram memory
Intel Dual Quad xeon
Running 5 channels currently
Disable memory trimming? ok ^_^ i'll try that out coz
vmware is releasing the ram to the os probally that chumpywumpy mentioned

Users connecting? its about 150-200

@updates
Hey chumpywumpy my vmware.exe memory usage doesn't go up =/ weird..anyone have any ideas? im running 5 channels it constantly 180-200mb usage only i want it to be using 3gb..

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try the tips below for forcing the server to run entirely from RAM rather than using the virtual memory.

That being said the server is only going to use the ram it actually needs to it isn't just going to soak up everything you throw at it. If it is lowering it's memory usage then it thinks it doesn't need it.

Upvote 0
Back