Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] WampServer Orange

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello, If anyone can help me out I'm trying to fix my Wampserver to go Green but I've tried multiple things but It hasn't changed anything.

Things I tried was downloading Visual C++ and than trying to install Apache Service inside of it but that won't even work saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). "

Does anyone know the Solution to this ?

至死不渝
Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, Wampserver doesn't go green because for it to go green, it needs to have its built in mysql server running and you probably installed a stand-alone version of mysql already so the one with wamp doesn't run. As far as the colour is concerned, I have always been able to host a server even if it's orange.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, you should at least have MySQL and other things with the Wampserver regardless.

Also, even after you do that, if it's still orange. Go into Apache > http.conf and scroll down till you see Listen: 80. Change it to 81.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Also, don't forget to sign off Skype, or change the preferences to not use port 80. If your wamp server is orange, then something is using port 80.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, ... As far as the colour is concerned, I have always been able to host a server even if it's orange.

Mine is orange too by the way and it is working fine xD. But you can try these solutions out if you want.

1. If you have skype, it is probably your Skype giving you a hard time.
Try configuring your Skype this way:

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection -> Unchecking the 'Use port 80...'

2. If you don't have skype,

left click on the WAMP icon Apache -> Service, I saw that the start/stop service was grayed out.

So, I clicked on "Install service" Apache -> Service -> Install Service.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It's also possible to have issues like this if you install the newer MySQL Community Server 5.5. Which is why I suggest sticking to 5.1. This is only because Wamp, and MySQL Community Server 5.5 do not play nice together, and the default MySQL settings in Wamp override the installed service you have if you installed MySQL Community Server 5.5.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Did you install visual c++ sp1 2008
If its not sp1, it will not fix it. It's 2008 or 2005 or 2010. I forgot.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've never had any type of interference with Skype and WAMP.

I haven't for awhile. Normally Skype is automatically using ports that no other program would, so it shouldn't have any conflict at all.

However, you can try and test to see if it is.

Regarding the it still being orange and still being online, I guess there is no problem at all then.

I would try and get it to be green though just to make sure.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've never had any type of interference with Skype and WAMP.

I haven't for awhile. Normally Skype is automatically using ports that no other program would, so it shouldn't have any conflict at all.

However, you can try and test to see if it is.

Regarding the it still being orange and still being online, I guess there is no problem at all then.

I would try and get it to be green though just to make sure.
You're an odd case. Wamp uses port 80. Also, Skype uses port 80, unless you tell it not to. There is obviously going to be a conflict. You must have changed your wamp config file or your Skype settings a long time ago, and just don't remember. You can start Wamp, and then start Skype, with no issues. However, starting Skype first will always result in issues.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You're an odd case. Wamp uses port 80. Also, Skype uses port 80, unless you tell it not to. There is obviously going to be a conflict. You must have changed your wamp config file or your Skype settings a long time ago, and just don't remember.

Well, like I had posted earlier, I changed the Listen:80 to 81. So that might be the case.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Changing the port that WAMP uses never fixed the problem for me. My previous ISP force blocked the opening of port 80 and 8080, and I know this because I was able to open every other port.

You can try it for yourself, hopefully it works. You must make sure that WAMP is the first thing that is executed upon startup on your computer. Skype and some other programs use port 80, so don't let Skype or these other programs be in the default startup list (Start > Run > 'msconfig')

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Mine is orange too by the way and it is working fine xD. But you can try these solutions out if you want.

1. If you have skype, it is probably your Skype giving you a hard time.
Try configuring your Skype this way:

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection -> Unchecking the 'Use port 80...'

2. If you don't have skype,

left click on the WAMP icon Apache -> Service, I saw that the start/stop service was grayed out.

So, I clicked on "Install service" Apache -> Service -> Install Service.

Yeah I tried doing that and I installed MySql Workbench CE 5.2 and it`s still orange besides that, When I try to download the Service for Apache it brings up a Error

Upvote 0
Back