Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Weird ebenezer thing

dohh
Reaction score
Hey,
after just k_monster_item table was edited a bit, ebenezer did start to give these..
Anyone have faced this problem before? Or maybe anyone have idea how to get rid of this? It's causing players to lag..

tuny1 - [Help] Weird ebenezer thing - RaGEZONE Forums

i don't know exactly what i did, but i cleared all log files from ai, ebenezer and aujard, then this didn't happen.. just incase anyone else faces this problem..

this started to happen again, but this time i can't fix it... maybe someone can help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Weird ebenezer thing..

someone must have some kind of idea surely.

Server is ran on a virtual server...would that be a problem?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I have this problem also, and I resolve it by clearing today's log files also.

I think it has alot to do with how we are restarting the server.

Does anyone know of a 'non-violent' way to close ebenezer and the AI server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if we dont close it a certain way the server lags and cpu stays 100% which means we cant do anything with it. this does not happen right away it takes usually around 2 hours for it to start with those log errors

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's weird, Sabar; do you also end aiserver from the task manager? If you do, then that shouldn't happen.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I have this problem also, and I resolve it by clearing today's log files also.

I think it has alot to do with how we are restarting the server.

Does anyone know of a 'non-violent' way to close ebenezer and the AI server?
all i can think of is do +down or /down in ebenezer, this should close your game server in a harmless way but ebenezer will still stay open

Si6

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
those write fail logs are due to sumthing happening in game. Deleting logs isnt a fix

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
those write fail logs are due to sumthing happening in game. Deleting logs isnt a fix

Something happening ingame?
i was actually thinking the gameserver was becoming to much for the server to host the server and log everything at the same time

ive since then got the server running with SQL on a different server on the network which has improved performance alittle bit but still after a few hours these log errors appear and if im fighting 2 orcs i get lagged by the server where else other ppl do not get lag.

server is being run on a virtual server aswell and 700mb ram is all we have. please tell me thats the problem?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The way I close my server works 100%

1st
close login

2nd
close Aujard

3rd
use ebenzer command /down and wait untill the command has completed.

4th
Close a.i and kill process

5th
Fast click ebenzers X a few times (alough nothing appears to happen, just wait, after few secs ebenzer will close)

There you have non violent shut down procedure, doing it this way none on the server files crash.

And as for those item / exp logs, everyone has this, I am presuming that the logs are disabed and or bugged inside ebenzer thus NOT working.

Last edited:
Back