Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[help] Will 1299 work on Windows Server 2003 standard edition?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a VPS right now w/ windows server 2003 standard edition, and I tried to set up a server w/ 1299 files, but ebenezer gives me error "?? ???". And I had a couple of problems w/ mssql2005 too.

Also, if it doesn't work on server 2003, will it work on windows server 2003 enterprise edition?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Works fine, though a VPS is probably not going to be enough.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've tried almost everything I can do, I'm still stuck. I've set up 1299 servers before on my computers at home. But on my VPS my errors first started w/ sql2005 when I tried to restore my database, I got an operating system error. But I fixed that. Now I get an ebenezer "?? ???" error.

This is the first error I got w/ my VPS
cowfurmoo - [help] Will 1299 work on Windows Server 2003 standard edition? - RaGEZONE Forums

But I fixed that by going into sql server config. manager then right click on sql express and select properties and change the user from network service to local system.

After doing server set up and ODBC etc. I get an ebenezer error which says "?? ???" in a small little alert box.

Can anybody help me? PM me or add me on msn cowfurmoo3@Hotmail.com.
Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well i had a VPS before and it wasnt working. now i moved to a dedicated ( not more expensive) and everything is working fine w/ window server 2003 standard

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've tried almost everything I can do, I'm still stuck. I've set up 1299 servers before on my computers at home. But on my VPS my errors first started w/ sql2005 when I tried to restore my database, I got an operating system error. But I fixed that. Now I get an ebenezer "?? ???" error.

This is the first error I got w/ my VPS
cowfurmoo - [help] Will 1299 work on Windows Server 2003 standard edition? - RaGEZONE Forums

But I fixed that by going into sql server config. manager then right click on sql express and select properties and change the user from network service to local system.

After doing server set up and ODBC etc. I get an ebenezer error which says "?? ???" in a small little alert box.

Can anybody help me? PM me or add me on msn cowfurmoo3@Hotmail.com.
Thanks.
Right-click the file, go Properties, "Security" tab, add "Everyone" (doesn't really matter, single restoration anyway), give "Full access", or at least "Read" permissions and hit "Apply", then "OK".

You could also move this to SQL's backup folder, where it has permission over files... but this works too.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well has anybody actually gotten 1299 to work on a VPS :smilie_xp server 2003 standard edition?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well has anybody actually gotten 1299 to work on a VPS :smilie_xp server 2003 standard edition?
Should be no different to a dedicated server; just the fact that its resourced are shared.

If you refer to my previous post, you should be able to solve your problem.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
:S I did that and it didn't work. I eventually fixed that error but, then I just get a lot of random errors from ebenezer and aujard. I've done this at least 5 times on my computers at home and I never get these errors. Maybe VPS has a security problem, but I dunno. If anybody wants to help me set up my server via Remote desktop connection add me on msn cowfurmoo3@Hotmail.com or pm me!

Thanks.

Back