Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help with maps prob

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry if im being reallly noob... but i get this error

Code:
ERROR:Correct *.map files not found by path './maps'. Please place *.map files in directory by this path or correct DataDir value in mangosd.conf file.

Well i have mangos plat. and i tried the ad.exe thing, but it gave me errors, so i manually dled the maps and stuck them in the main folder.

Help please?

EDIT: i got the maps from this link http://forum.ragezone.com/world-war...b-no-support-questions-only-files-166402.html

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Have you put the maps folder in the WS folder?

i think thats what you do.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Make sure you have the map folder in same location as mangos exe's.
And make sure mangosd.conf file has datadir like as "."

Otherwise it will not know where to find your maps.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope, still didnt work. heres a SS

Moptop - Help with maps prob - RaGEZONE Forums

hmmm

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Make sure your mangos.conf is configured correctly. Where it asks you to put the directory to the maps, just type "." If that don't work, try typing "\maps" (haven't used mangos in a while, hope i remembered correctly)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's really weird. Even when you said you had in your mangosd.conf file the part of DataDir = "." that should have taken care of the error. Be sure to check if your maps files aren't inside another folder inside the maps folder for mangos (ie: C:\Program Files\Mangos ~Platinum\maps\maps). That was the only way I could recreate your error. Hope this helps you. :good:

ERROR:Correct *.map files not found by path './maps'. Please place *.map files in directory by this path or correct DataDir value in mangosd.conf file.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been trying to download a server for weeks now thats working and that has all spells ,quests..... working.Is Kobold_GSE_3.0 easy to setup?And one more question.Do you have to have WoW client to make a server wheter it is Mangos wheter is it WoWemu

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@laver: Don't invade other people's threads! Download Kobold v3 for yourself and see. And, yes, unless you want to download the maps needed for the servers (good luck finding some), then you WILL need the client.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Moptop:
I think you would be best remaking the maps, incase there was any errors when you done so lastime.

Put ad.exe into your wow clinets folder, make a folder called maps, and run ad.exe.

This will extract the maps into the map folder you just made, then cut and paste it into the server folder, personaly I copy and paste from client folder, so I always have a copy of the maps folder incase of issues.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok, ill try that. Thanks guys

EDIT: Nope, still not working... i get this message when i run ad.exe

Moptop - Help with maps prob - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Map Extractor for Wow 1.12.x

If ur using MaNGoS for 1.12.x then u can use this .... it works 100%, i have checked it just now b4 uploading so u wont find any problems running this.

Download this >>> View attachment ad.zip

Enjoy :arrow_1: Credits to one who created this "ad.exe" file , cuz it wasn't me :smiley-go .

Note : Put this file in ur Wow Installation directory , create a folder named "maps" then run "ad.exe".

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nope, still didnt work. i still get the message above.

mabye i need to update my DB? im using this...

ConfVersion=2006082301

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
tht ain't DB problem ... wht client version r u using??? u must use 1.12.x Wow clients... else it wont WORK!!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
What the hell...

I really don't understand why your having issues here.
When you run ad.exe, make sure it's in the same folder as wow.exe, and make sure you have made a folder called maps in the same folder as wow.exe too.

Only time i've seen that error, is when someone has not made the map folder.
And if you have done that, then sorry but im well lost:/

Back