Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How can i creat an account ?

Reaction score
Hi guy's
I have a little cabal lan server with no updates (chumpywumpy's server files v 2.8). My question is how can i create an Account /Gm Account ? :?:

Schneemann101

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah MisterMinster has helped me with my account problem but i have a new =(
I can't connect to my server.
I have the Server/CentOS IP: 192.168.2.35 wrote in my internal.txt and I had the Ports get free, Firewall is off, but i can't connect. I have no idea to fix this Problem.
I had with CentOS pinged to my pc (0% lost)
and I had with my pc Windows XP 32bit pinged to CentOS (0% lost)
so help me please
I have installed cabal_install.sh again. I get a faild
"Upgrading to The Divinity Project Cabal Ep2 files
tar: /root/clientfiles.tar.gz: can't open, directory not found
tar: Unrecoverable error: program termination.
tar: Child returbed status
tar: Error on exit, caused by previous errors.
Settings permissions
Linking commands
!WARNING! encpack cannot run on Centos 4. Enc file editing not available."

how can i Fix this Problem ?
(little parts translate by google.de)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you can ping properly and no firewalls are blocking you then make sure to check the GlobalDBAgent log to see if CentOS is connecting to your SQL. If the gameserver cant authenticate the account in SQL you wont be able to connect.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
hi again
@ emi5893
in the directory var/log/cabal is nothing inside =/

@Darkcyde
i have a little stupid question where can i find this DBAgent ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi again
@ emi5893
in the directory var/log/cabal is nothing inside =/

@Darkcyde
i have a little stupid question where can i find this DBAgent ?

GlobalDBAgent is in /var/log/cabal
If there is nothing in /var/log/cabal then the server has never been started to generate the log files. if you run "service cabal start" what happens?

Based on your earlier post it looks like you ran into some installation problems.
What version of CentOS are you running?
Where did you copy the server files to and how did you run cabal_install.sh?

Try and copy the install files back over to root, run "chmod 0777 cabal_install.sh"
Run "/root/cabal_install.sh" again and post the results.

It looks like you missed the clientfiles package the first time around, how did you manage to get the client patch to test the connection? Did you manually extract the patch from the package before copying it to CentOS?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
I have installed cabal_install.sh again. I get a faild
Settings permissions
Linking commands

how can i Fix this Problem ?
(little parts translate by google.de)

I have run the "chmod 0777 ./cabal_install.sh" (here come the fail that i post
& "/home/cabal/cabal_config.sh
I have run "service cabal start" and the server "said" in every point [OK] :blink:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have run "service cabal start" and the server "said" in every point [OK] :blink:

Im not too sure if ./cabal_install.sh will work properly, I've never seen anyone run it that way I always use /root/cabal_install.sh

And /var/log/cabal shows nothing??? Did you refresh WinSCP?

What are the results from running "service cabal status"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
OH sorry my fail i take first "service cabal start" all faild only "Startin GlobalMgrSvr" is [OK]

I installed it again know when I write "service cabal start" into putty it will run all [OK]

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
OH sorry my fail i take first "service cabal start" all faild only "Startin GlobalMgrSvr" is [OK]

I installed it again know when I write "service cabal start" into putty it will run all [OK]

And /var/log/cabal? Is it still empty?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Yes it is still empty.

I read my Error again and the server said that CentOS is not Complete. By the installation he was only 3 have from 4 parts by CentOS so he missing part 4/4 but i dont know how I have to install the 4 Part because he dont want it by the installation..:?::blink:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Settings permissions
Linking commands
This means you didn't copy all of the files. The "clientfiles" folder is expected to be int he /root/ folder and extraction of the client files will fail if it is not copied. It's a bug i suppose but it wouldn't affect the server at all.

The only reasons for the log folder being empty are either no permissions to it (cabal_install takes care of that) or a very catastrophic failure to launch the server processes, the last time i caused one of these it was because i left a # out from a command in the worldsvr config. Make sure you are clicking the "refresh" button in winscp as once it has looked in a flder it won't automatically refresh.

The 4/4 part, are you taling about CDs? Not all are needed and i use a very minimal install that only uses CD1.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
OK thx Chumpy I know what files loose. They are not in the Client from you or better i haven't found the files in your filepacket.

German:
Danke Chumpy die files die ich nicht habe weis ich da in deinem Guid diese drin stehen aber ich diese nicht bei mir gefunden habe selbst nach mehrmaligen download.

"dstat-0.6.3-1.rh9.rf.noarch.rpm"
"ncftp-3.1.9-1.i386.rmp"

I have write to MisterMinister and he said that he haven't lost 2 files too.
My next question is in your Cabal Guide your copy with WinSCP an ep2 folder to the root folder is in this folder something into or is the folder emty ?

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Those two rpm files aren't needed which is why there are not there anymore.

The guide was for the older v2 release. Having an ep2 folder cause people confusion and they kept editing the wrong files. It was replaced with ep2.tar.gz and as installation is much easier than v2 i never updated the guide as the miniguide is all you need.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
So that is done I had installed all files i get only an error by the files which i dont have. So now i can't connect to my server hamachi is suggestful installed and "the server" joined my network. The Ports are free UDP 38101-38121. The Port register is full.
But i can't connect to my offline server...

Upvote 0
Back