Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How can this map screw up be fixed?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello again!

I was roaming around and stumbled to this in Kanturu Relics.
How can I fix it? Do I need some tool to edit the map or tile of that map or I need to replace the whole Kanturu Relic with 1 that has it working?

Thanks
Screen(03_13-03-02)-0000 - How can this map screw up be fixed? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
is it in all map or just this area?
is it when mobs are around or all the time?

sure u can open with world editor and remove that object from the ground if thats the issue or replace it with fixed ones from other client kanturu map object folder too
but there is a small chance it depends ur client is made this way and something was no coded properly.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is it in all map or just this area?
is it when mobs are around or all the time?

sure u can open with world editor and remove that object from the ground if thats the issue or replace it with fixed ones from other client kanturu map object folder too
but there is a small chance it depends ur client is made this way and something was no coded properly.
So far, I've encountered it only on this map and it seems to be all the time. I'll make a backup of the file and experiment. Thanks ^^

Edit: Could give me a working PentiumTools link? I had one but after first launch, every time I try to open it, it throws errors so I have to extract the files again in order for them to work. And somehow I just tried to start it and Windows Defender flagged it as a virus.

Edit 2: Just a thought, if I found a working Kanturu Relics map without the floor texture bug and just replaced it, would it work?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
So far, I've encountered it only on this map and it seems to be all the time. I'll make a backup of the file and experiment. Thanks ^^

Edit: Could give me a working PentiumTools link? I had one but after first launch, every time I try to open it, it throws errors so I have to extract the files again in order for them to work. And somehow I just tried to start it and Windows Defender flagged it as a virus.

Edit 2: Just a thought, if I found a working Kanturu Relics map without the floor texture bug and just replaced it, would it work?
this pentium tools works fine

sometimes u must allow it on windows defender, sometimes it gives errors random like JTE or some framework, but at the end re-run makes it work fine .

u dont need pentium tools remove that u need world editor 0.30 or 0.70 search mu world editor cracked for example.

then open the map world and go at these places u see that buged object which is not transparent and shows black and left cick and hit delete on ur keyboard

i dont know anyone who deleted them, not sure where u will find a kanturu with deleted floor object, its not a texture, its ojbects with transparency and that transparency is not working, thats why i suggested take world and object folder from other clietn and put it in ur clietn and see if it fixes, if not then the issues is somewhere else like bad coded map and doesnt read the image/model files correctly so u have to remove it then.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this pentium tools works fine

sometimes u must allow it on windows defender, sometimes it gives errors random like JTE or some framework, but at the end re-run makes it work fine .

u dont need pentium tools remove that u need world editor 0.30 or 0.70 search mu world editor cracked for example.

then open the map world and go at these places u see that buged object which is not transparent and shows black and left cick and hit delete on ur keyboard

i dont know anyone who deleted them, not sure where u will find a kanturu with deleted floor object, its not a texture, its ojbects with transparency and that transparency is not working, thats why i suggested take world and object folder from other clietn and put it in ur clietn and see if it fixes, if not then the issues is somewhere else like bad coded map and doesnt read the image/model files correctly so u have to remove it then.
Tried from 2 other clients, all of them just show it like this. I will try v2 of WorldEditor and see if it's the same
Screenshot (186) - How can this map screw up be fixed? - RaGEZONE Forums

Edit: Still the same. I'm not sure if the texture is bad... because that texture seems fine on the other client from another server. I will try replacing it and see if it works.

Edit 2: Still the same, seems like something is missing from there on Object39. Not sure what's wrong... I tried opening the map/terrain of World39 but it's empty with only ground textures. Nothing else is on there

Okay, on closer inspection it's the Tileeffect01_R.OZJ that MUST be the one. Previewing it on PentiumTools, it's black with no transparency. I will check other client Tileeffec01_R and see if that's the problem.

Edit: Everywhere it's black with no transparency. Time to make backups and replace and see if it works - Still the same, I'm out of options. If someone can get it fixed, that would be great

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Tried from 2 other clients, all of them just show it like this. I will try v2 of WorldEditor and see if it's the sameView attachment 257911

Edit: Still the same. I'm not sure if the texture is bad... because that texture seems fine on the other client from another server. I will try replacing it and see if it works.

Edit 2: Still the same, seems like something is missing from there on Object39. Not sure what's wrong... I tried opening the map/terrain of World39 but it's empty with only ground textures. Nothing else is on there
u need to use decrypted map files

for kanturu 3 this for example

then open with world editor (replace this world with urs in data client)
and u can go in the map and find the object and remove it.

also i use world editor 0.30 its faster for this stuff, but i dont find reason the cracked one to not work.

use decrypted maps from this link :
and use whatever map u want to edit and then put it on ur client.

just make backups everytime before incase something goeswrong.

to remove fog in editor so u can see stuff,

in tool: Fog
just put 9999 9999 9999 too all the three.

notes:
in editor it will show like that, its normal, but in game must show transparent normally, black is additive transparent alpha for models thats how mu works and some other games.

so if still not going to work just remove the objects from everywhere and its ok.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
u need to use decrypted map files

for kanturu 3 this for example

then open with world editor (replace this world with urs in data client)
and u can go in the map and find the object and remove it.

also i use world editor 0.30 its faster for this stuff, but i dont find reason the cracked one to not work.

use decrypted maps from this link :
and use whatever map u want to edit and then put it on ur client.

just make backups everytime before incase something goeswrong.

to remove fog in editor so u can see stuff,

in tool: Fog
just put 9999 9999 9999 too all the three.

notes:
in editor it will show like that, its normal, but in game must show transparent normally, black is additive transparent alpha for models thats how mu works and some other games.

so if still not going to work just remove the objects from everywhere and its ok.
Do I need to replace the terrain att in the Server Data folder too or only in client? Or the terrain replacement in server data only applies if the map is changed to a new/custom one?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Do I need to replace the terrain att in the Server Data folder too or only in client? Or the terrain replacement in server data only applies if the map is changed to a new/custom one?
no u dont have to replace it
terrain is only for places where a player can go, walk, fly etc and for visual things only outside of the map like 'sky' and such
for objects its only in .obj world folder.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no u dont have to replace it
terrain is only for places where a player can go, walk, fly etc and for visual things only outside of the map like 'sky' and such
for objects its only in .obj world folder.
Got you. Would've loved to have that blinking effect on the ground but I guess it's not noticeable when removed

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i understand, very strange that ur client has issue though with that object.
Yeah.. Could it be that the main.exe isn't reading it?

Edit: Not that, tried replacing the main.exe, still the same thing. I'll look around the Main DLL source and see if I can load it somehow

i understand, very strange that ur client has issue though with that object.
Decided to download some random pack, there the effect works, no black texture. I just can't seem to figure out why it's not working here and what's causing the issue

Yeah.. Could it be that the main.exe isn't reading it?

Edit: Not that, tried replacing the main.exe, still the same thing. I'll look around the Main DLL source and see if I can load it somehow

Decided to download some random pack, there the effect works, no black texture. I just can't seem to figure out why it's not working here and what's causing the issue
Narrowed it down to 2 files that MUST cause the issue, I haven't seen other clients use it but without them, my main.dll won't load aka the game just won't start. It's "cg.dll" and "cgGL.dll" that must be causing this weird bug. They are runtime libraries from Nvidia. I'll check if I can download them somewhere and see if this would fix the bug KarLi
Also tested moving the files 1 by 1 to the other client from the random pack with just moving interface and local folder, once these 2 files are in the folder and main.dll is using them, the bug happens.

Edit number idk: Well, I tried everything and I still can't get it to work. I'm giving up

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back