WZ How do you do Maplestory map renders?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong part of the forum, but I'm really interested in making full renders of old MS maps, purely for nostalgia reasons. Only problem is, I have no idea where to begin. I have some old map.wz files, and I've downloaded the tiles, but am I really supposed to build them each from scratch? I also found an MS map emulator, and it's exactly what I want only it doesn't let me save anything as an image file and I'm stuck using it every time I want to look at old maps. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It's difficult to render an entire map as a static image due to the way backgrounds are layered on top of each other. That being said, I know of no program that'll let you render a whole map at once.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There probably hasn't been a program created that just renders entire maps because there was really no need for it. This is probably the closest thing to it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, you two. I sorta figured rendering full maps with the background was going to be odd, because as I was piecing screenshots of an emulated map, I noticed parts of the background moving. For older maps, the background seems to be considerably less wide, so unless I choose to draw in my own background, there's going to be stuff missing anyway.