Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to add map name on SA_MSGS?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found that map name was in SA_MSGS.gsm file and I just added the maps G-Cube, Cross Counter, and Desert2. The thing is I want to add the map names on SA_MSGS.gsm.

This is what I put on SA_MSGS.gsm:
ID:318
Title:SA_TEXT_MAP_NAME_G_CUBE
Korea:G-큐브
China:G-Cube
Japan:

and in game, it doesnt show as G-큐브 nor G-Cube, just shows Deathmatch (데스매치).

Anyone knows how to add map name properly?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try to change the default language of SA_MSGS. Maybe it is on:
Code:
GameText.cpp

Sometimes the engine do not recognize your map name, cause he is on another language. I Dont know how its configured you GameText.cpp but, if is in Chinese, try to change to english, or korean, i dont know !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try to change the default language of SA_MSGS. Maybe it is on:
Code:
GameText.cpp

Sometimes the engine do not recognize your map name, cause he is on another language. I Dont know how its configured you GameText.cpp but, if is in Chinese, try to change to english, or korean, i dont know !

Is the GameText.cpp on CShell.dll? It looks like a file but I can't find that on my client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Got you. You do not have source! So, has nothing we can do, something's is only fixed on source editing

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If You Change it in gametext it only uses another asciitable with allowed signs. If You Want to translate it open ot in notepad ans so it manually. In The mainthread of The First sasrc release some people explained it. Else remove The samsgs and write The reading of The gametext new - like i did. Using samsgs is crappy.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If You Change it in gametext it only uses another asciitable with allowed signs. If You Want to translate it open ot in notepad ans so it manually. In The mainthread of The First sasrc release some people explained it. Else remove The samsgs and write The reading of The gametext new - like i did. Using samsgs is crappy.

Can you explain that with images plz? I'm new to develop SA, and wanna learn more.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
it's explained in the original Suddenattack Thread from KillerStefan.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i did it with SA_MSGS encryptor, its so easy !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In my SA_MSGS , G -Cube looks like this:
Code:
ID:372
Title:SA_TEXT_MAP_NAME_34
Korea:G-Cube
China:G-Cube
Japan:

Back