Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to allocate more RAM for MySQL

Gamma Spamma
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Hello =D I didn't actually know where to post this, but I'm guessing this is the right section.. Hopefully :/

Now, as the title says, I want to know how I can allocate more RAM, or make MySQL use a little bit more resources than it currently is.. As I'm hoping that this will increase the loading speeds of my website, since it's all basically made upon MySQL and PHP!

It's for a Habbo retro, but... MySQL is playing a large role in this, since everything is using MySQL and it would be nice to see it have access to more resources for when there's problems like CPU locks on the emulator so the website still works fine.. But enough of that!

So if anyone can help me allow MySQL to use more resources/RAM, that would be great!

Since I wouldn't be checking this, if you reply, do you mind LIKING the thread so I get a notification that someone's replied ;p Cheers, Liam!

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
Repair Bay would've been the appropriate section but no biggie I moved it for you. Goodluck solving your issue.

Praise the Sun!
Reaction score
Here's a thread about it somewhere else .

Long story short, increase all config variables that have to do with memory allocation.

As for CPU usage, increase the priority of the process.

Gamma Spamma
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Here's a thread about it somewhere else .

Long story short, increase all config variables that have to do with memory allocation.

As for CPU usage, increase the priority of the process.
Alright thank you, I will take a look now : )

Gamma Spamma
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
I still need help, sorry. I'm using MySQL for windows, I have installed it from Windows Platform Installer and I use Navicat as the client.. Could someone please help me with allowing MySQL to use more ram and make it run better or more better than it is :p? cheers!

Praise the Sun!
Reaction score
I still need help, sorry. I'm using MySQL for windows, I have installed it from Windows Platform Installer and I use Navicat as the client.. Could someone please help me with allowing MySQL to use more ram and make it run better or more better than it is :p? cheers!

Locate the MySQL config file and edit it? Should be somewhere around C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\.

Gamma Spamma
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Is it called: my.ini ? Because there is other files called, my-large.ini, my-medium.ini - What are these for? Are these for replacing your current my.ini depending on what you want the priority of MySQL, example replace my.ini with my-medium.ini ? Confused..

Praise the Sun!
Reaction score
Is it called: my.ini ? Because there is other files called, my-large.ini, my-medium.ini - What are these for? Are these for replacing your current my.ini depending on what you want the priority of MySQL, example replace my.ini with my-medium.ini ? Confused..

It indeed is called my.ini. The other ini files are pre-configured for their respective uses. E.g. my-large.ini for large database servers, etc.

Praise the Sun!
Reaction score
Yes but I am unsure as to what I should edit, as I don't want to tamper with the settings and ruin it D:

So you make a backup of the file and restore that whenever you ruin it. Other than that, the thread I linked to before provides information on what to edit.

Praise the Sun!
Reaction score
I did make a back up, luckily. But I need some direct help, please..

What do you mean by direct help? I can't explain it better than I did in this thread.

Gamma Spamma
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
What do you mean, I just want someone to specifically tell me how to do this since I've never edited MySQL and I don't want to risk damaging it -.-

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Reaction score
its been clear to me the hole time, he wants some one to do it for him.

This... He probably wants someone to go on TeamViewer or something and walk him through it.

What do you mean, I just want someone to specifically tell me how to do this since I've never edited MySQL and I don't want to risk damaging it -.-

And what if the person that tells you how to do it is wrong? Just google it and do the research... Who would you rather trust? A stranger on a private server development forum or the online MySQL reference written by developers that contributed to developing MySQL?

Back