Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to change exp rate via npc or netbeans

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hey I'm trying to make it so when people are doing PQs they get 3x exp instead of my original 12x exp, so is there a way to do this? Possibly npc changes exp on enter and re changes upon exit?
Or in netbeans is there a way to make it so on certain maps the rate is 3x?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Go into you're MapleCharacter.java and go to "setRates" method and add this.

Code:
int mapid = [B]"MAPID"[/B];
byte rate = [B]"RATE"[/B];
if (getMapId() == mapid) {
this.expRate = rate*worldz.getExpRate();
}

Where I have the quotation marks and bold part change it to whatever you like. This should work for that certain map you want it to be in.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Thank you!
Sadly my 117 doesn't have a setrate method o.o

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have Fun!
Reaction score
If you want to use an NPC, you can do something like this:
Create a new boolean in MapleCharacter and name it something like "ratePenalty". Then make a method that changes it and link it to your NPCConversationManager. Now, go to the method gainExp in MapleChatacter and modify it so that the total amount is reduced by whatever you choose when the above boolean is true. Now just make the entrance and exit npc change the boolean.
If you want, you can use this to make more kinds of rate changes - depending on any condition you choose.
Good luck.

-Sent from my mobile-

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Kinda the 1st half xD Creating the boolean and would this method really change the exprate? from 12x to 3x while on a certain map?

Upvote 0
Back