Was this helpful at all?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow RaGEZONE members!

Today I am going to make a thread demonstrating how to make a decent application when applying for a moderator position. First, I'd like to say, if you plan on just copying the format of my example application, or the idea of my example application - just forget about it! If you can't/aren't willing to put some time and effort into your application, that just demonstrates how non-dedicated you are!

Anyways, let's get on with the show, shall we?

==============================
.-" - The Basics of Becoming a Moderator- "-.

When applying for a moderator position, and filling out your application, you want to demonstrate your ability to follow as-well as uphold the rules - while maintaining a professional and fair attitude towards everybody that you may come to deal with on a day-to-day basis.

This means, not being bias towards your friends or people you have any sort of 'special' relationship with. You must treat all users equal and fair. No exceptions with users you may have known longer than others or are on better terms with.

This also means, keeping a professional demeanor when, say, personally attacked by another forum member or user. If somebody goes out of their way to insult you, or attack you and diminish your character at all, you must handle it like a mature adult and uphold the rules.

.-" - The Basics of Creating a Moderator Application - "-.

When creating a moderator application, you want to be as detailed as you can - including vital information such as contact methods and availability times - but at the same time, you do not want non-vital information that is not essential the decision making process of your application and hiring you onto the team. (Making your application aesthetically pleasing doesn't hurt too!)

This means filling out your location, (or your general location, if you aren't completely comfortable sharing it publicly) your name, your contact information, why you feel you should be hired, proof of why you should be hired, people who may vouch for you, proof of your contributions, what kind of personality you have, how you react to certain specific situations and predicaments, etc.

This means not filling out, your favorite foods, or your favorite drinks, or your favorite game you like to play on the weekends. Sure, some of this non-essential information may be interesting to know, but take a look at that word - essential - it is not essential information to help decide towards a decision on your application and whether or not you should be hired onto the moderator team.

.-" - Moderator Application Example - "-.

Status
Not open for further replies.