Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to modify dbc files?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I need to modify ChatProfanity.dbc and NamesProfanity.dbc cause for ex in my language [romanian] cum means how and is frustating that everytime u must write c.um or c-um or else.
I tryed to use DBC Editor and DBC Tool but in those 2 files i can see only numbers; so if anyone have a solution pls answer me.
Thx

Reaction score
oh boy u have alot of work when it comes to dbc. umm i used tool and this dbc patcher that comes with wow emu. 1st u have read the files to know what ur doing. then u have to write it and test it. its very slow at 1st. i spent about 1 week mastering it down

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I didn't say it will be easy but i just need a few direction.
Could it be done with a hex editor?
Or with what else?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Go to wowdev.org, download dbc2csv, then download CSVed (look on google for it). Extract ChatProfanity.dbc by using MyWarCraftStudio, then convert it to csv with dbc2csv, then edit it with CSVed. When you're done, convert it back to DBC and create an MPQ file with MyWarcraftStudio (call it patch-3.mpq or something) and put it in your WoW folder. Also, wowdev.org has a lot of info on DBC files.

EDIT: A lot of help you were, res...

EDIT2: GODDAMIT!! wowdev.org got hacked AGAIN!... You'll have to google for dbc2csv -_-

EDIT3: LMAO!! Whoever hacked wowdev.org didn't do a very good job... Anyways, you can still get there with this link:

Back