Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to open Draconis Cpack files (easiest possible explanation)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone i been receiving alot of requests for help opening Draconis servers CPKs so here is a short and easy explanation on how to do just that.

1) get a good hex editor for example HxD thats 100% free

2) open the modified CPK with the hex editor now you see the first line and you can see that the header is modified (first 8 bytes in the header)
The first 4 bytes is the so called magic bytes that is read to detect that it is a cpack file, restore those bytes into hex (52 53 54 1A) then the bytes
after the first 4 bytes (it is the cpack version part) it should be hex (01 00 00 00)

3) after you edited the first 8 bytes in the header to be (52 53 54 1A 01 00 00 00) you save the CPK and you can open it with the normal Cpack tool.

4) This method will work on all header modified CPKs. It will not work on the Hellionserver CPKs since they are using a encryption method to hide the real data
And opening those CPKs will only show you garbage folders and filenames.

Or just to make it easier you can use this program i made to restore the header

Have a nice day!

Thanatos
Hellion Developments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone i been receiving alot of requests for help opening Draconis servers CPKs so here is a short and easy explanation on how to do just that.

1) get a good hex editor for example HxD thats 100% free

2) open the modified CPK with the hex editor now you see the first line and you can see that the header is modified (first 8 bytes in the header)
The first 4 bytes is the so called magic bytes that is read to detect that it is a cpack file, restore those bytes into hex (52 53 54 1A) then the bytes
after the first 4 bytes (it is the cpack version part) it should be hex (01 00 00 00)

3) after you edited the first 8 bytes in the header to be (52 53 54 1A 01 00 00 00) you save the CPK and you can open it with the normal Cpack tool.

4) This method will work on all header modified CPKs. It will not work on the Hellionserver CPKs since they are using a encryption method to hide the real data
And opening those CPKs will only show you garbage folders and filenames.

Or just to make it easier you can use this program i made to restore the header

Have a nice day!

Thanatos
Hellion Developments

HellionDev - How to open Draconis Cpack files (easiest possible explanation) - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Of course actually doing this is a breach of our policies and terms and can get you banned, and even sued, as the Anima Draconis network operates as an actual legal business, all our terms and rules are legally binding internationally and copying, making unauthorized use of, or modifying our client is copyright infringement.

So maybe think twice about what you try to do with my work. :)

Reaction score
Of course actually doing this is a breach of our policies and terms and can get you banned, and even sued, as the Anima Draconis network operates as an actual legal business, all our terms and rules are legally binding internationally and copying, making unauthorized use of, or modifying our client is copyright infringement.

lol nobody will care about copying stuff like that,, ppl release someone work in this ragezoner too:8:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Your network may be a legal business but anything WoKF related is not yours, you just stole WoKF files and edited them like we all did. So suck it up now and enjoy the show

Oh and yes, here is everything bundled up. The WPE, hacked xEngine.dll and all the WoKF wpe packets that spawn all kind of stuff enjoy wrecking havoc on WoKF

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your network may be a legal business but anything WoKF related is not yours, you just stole WoKF files and edited them like we all did. So suck it up now and enjoy the show

Oh and yes, here is everything bundled up. The WPE, hacked xEngine.dll and all the WoKF wpe packets that spawn all kind of stuff enjoy wrecking havoc on WoKF

You assume to know what I meant, you are incorrect.

You also seem to assume that you and the HellionDev are the only people who know anything about code or how WoKF hacks works, you are also wrong on that. Arrogance is not an attractive trait, though I admit you and the HellionDev have coding skill, assuming you are the only ones involved with WoKF that can do anything, and everyone just copies your anti-hacks and methods, is not correct, do my own thing in my own way.

I always offer my respect for other people in their achievements, but you ErgoProxy seem only to offer a bad attitude and cocky arrogance. I don't have any show to enjoy, because I am perfectly capable of managing my own server without relying on the work of others to help me, just like you are, because coding is not something that you alone have knowledge of.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Im not hacking anything. I only mentioned that current antihacks except the hellion antihack are pretty much useless against a person that uses encrypted packets and modifications of the header and size to make packet look different each send and by doing that he can bypass filtering,
There are alot of methods to actually hack the game by just edit memory and combined with packet hacking and then encryption of the packets it makes a pretty dangerous combination and it also makes it really hard to stop.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im not hacking anything. I only mentioned that current antihacks except the hellion antihack are pretty much useless against a person that uses encrypted packets and modifications of the header and size to make packet look different each send and by doing that he can bypass filtering,
There are alot of methods to actually hack the game by just edit memory and combined with packet hacking and then encryption of the packets it makes a pretty dangerous combination and it also makes it really hard to stop.

My post was directed at ErgoProxySLG, not at you, sorry if I was unclear on that.

Back