Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Replace Background Music in BDO

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This tutorial will show you how to replace background music (BGM) in the game with your own custom music.

Tools Needed
- download the Audiokinetic Launcher
- A more in-depth guide on working with paz files (including links) can be found here: https://forum.ragezone.com/f1001/how-work-with-paz-files-1198759/
(or something else that will update the paz files)

Steps
1. Get the song that you want to put into the game.
2. Convert the song to ".wav" or another format that wwise supports (.amb, .mid)

• There are lots of good tools online to convert from whatever your input format is to ".wav". ( works great for this!)
3. Find the BGM that you want to replace in BDO:

• The BGM are typically in "sound/windows/stream" the names are however all numbers.
  • To find out the actual names of the BGMs, open "/sound/windows/soundbanksinfo.xml". The "Id" is the name of the song in the "stream" folder and the "ShortName"/"Path" is the actual name.
  • Copy down the "Id" for the song you want to replace, we'll be using this later.
4. Convert your song to ".wem" using wwise

5. Create the following folders in your BDO client "<your_bdo_client_folder>/Paz/files_to_patch/sound/windows/stream/"
6. Place the "<my-song>.wem" file for your new song into the "<your_bdo_client_folder>/Paz/files_to_patch/sound/windows/stream/" folder
7. Rename the "<my-song>.wem" file for your song to "<Id>.wem". Be sure to replace "<Id>" with the number you wrote down earlier.
8. and once its completed patching you're done!
9. Start the game and hear your new music!

Notes
  • This process requires some tweaking if you want to replace sound effects as you'll need to update the ".bnk" files using a tool like "wwiseutil".
  • If your game crashes, you may need to extract any modifications your client currently has into "<your_bdo_client_folder>/Paz/files_to_patch/" You can look at the list of files "Meta Injector" says have been modified and copy them to "files_to_patch".
  • This is for replacing songs in the game with one outside the game. If you just want to change what song plays in a certain area to another that's already in the game you'll need to modify your "datasheets.bexcel" file for that area.
  • This was tested on Archer 223 v2100.
  • The links to "Meta Injector" and "Paz Unpacker" are provided by @Ledie

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the tutorial, unfortunately game crashes and closes immediately, I replaced a menu theme and some environnement sounds, all converted to .wem

Also if I've well understood, Meta Injector shows me a list of around 150 files modified, I need to extract all of them to the "files to patch" folder in each structured folder? How this can fix the crash? I can see that you tested on the same version, Archer, so you didn't get any crash after game launch?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's a copy of all the files for the archer version that you'll need to include in the "files_to_patch" folder (along with the new wem file) to prevent crashes: just to save some time from having to do it yourself. (these ones are slightly different than the default so if you want everything to be the same you'll have to extract the originals yourself)

I got a crash until I included those files in the "files_to_patch" folder because the client is already modified. So it needs those files when rebuilding "PAD61337.PAZ". I think if you manage to get an unmodified client for that version then you won't need to include anything else.

Your "files_to_patch" folder should look something like this when you're done adding those files and your music:

The original post that provided the link had more context: https://forum.ragezone.com/f1001/how-work-with-paz-files-1198759-post9087143/#post9087143

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow man I swear that did the trick you're a savior! After 6y my ears can finally enjoy and listen to some beautiful environment sounds and custom BGM thank you man really!

Tell me since we're here I'm struggling to find the "remastered start menu theme", I typed in the xml file "menu"/"remaster"/"theme" but could not put my hands on it. I found out the good old menu theme which is in my opinion better than the new one and I would like to replace the remastered one. If you find the "ID" of that menu them could you please share it with me? This is the one always playing when we start the game...

Again thank you for your time!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Glad it worked! I've also been interested in changing the main menu music, the track is "205602308" "BGM_REMASTER - I Balenos 01 Overture _v02-65 master" I found the name of the song with some googling and looking through the Pearl Abyss soundcloud ( ) where its listed as "I. Balenos - Overture".

(There seems to be a few other ones that plays after the first one though. I'll post if I find it too.)

Edit: Seems to be all the songs under the "SoundBank" "1363042613" in "soundbanksinfo.xml"

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yup you're the man really I would have never found it with that title! And it's working! Now my custom music plays when the game starts impressive :)

I saw that "soundbank" category but since it has .bnk extension I didn't want to mess with this better be careful lol

Could you please check your inbox if u got time?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Here's a copy of all the files for the archer version that you'll need to include in the "files_to_patch" folder (along with the new wem file) to prevent crashes: just to save some time from having to do it yourself. (these ones are slightly different than the default so if you want everything to be the same you'll have to extract the originals yourself)

I got a crash until I included those files in the "files_to_patch" folder because the client is already modified. So it needs those files when rebuilding "PAD61337.PAZ". I think if you manage to get an unmodified client for that version then you won't need to include anything else.

Your "files_to_patch" folder should look something like this when you're done adding those files and your music:

The original post that provided the link had more context:

I didn't know that all the background songs were collected in one place. I was looking for each song individually. Thank you.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Classic BDO had a way better OST than Modern BDO, gonna replace the OST with the classic soundtrack

Back