Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Icarus 3.1 VM

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
What do i need to change to make this Public, not local? trying to connect from a friends PC to my pc at my house.
first of all do you have a static IP address, if yes then all what you need is forward proper port on your router to server IP (LAN)

If you do not have a static IP you can use Hamachi or something similar like

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
first of all do you have a static IP address, if yes then all what you need is forward proper port on your router to server IP (LAN)

Static IP ? Couldn't i just use the Public IP from the Router ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Por favor dime como arreglar las misiones, por favor, hay algunas que no se pueden hacer.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I've port forwarded the LAN IP From the Virtual machine, all the ports i believe that are needed.
I've grabbed the public IP for the router, i put that into the Client, But i keep getting Unable to connect to gameserver. not sure what i'm doing wrong any ideas ?

1709765785422 - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
open port 7001 did you try ?

as far you have older version of the server and was setup to be offline (only in LAN) was not design to be on WAN
Also some ISP they give you static IP but you don't have open port for your IP what you have from ISP in some case (many off them) ISP make a mess and with the same IP what you have there is other ppl that they have same IP - this is happen because you are in the same ISP its like massive LAN with same IP
Example:
1000 ppl from that ISP have IP 123.123.123.123
next 1000 ppl from same ISP wil have 123.123.123.124

etc.. etc.. etc..

and one more thing maybe you need a Loopback

and make shure you have open this ports here

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
open port 7001 did you try ?

as far you have older version of the server and was setup to be offline (only in LAN) was not design to be on WAN
Also some ISP they give you static IP but you don't have open port for your IP what you have from ISP in some case (many off them) ISP make a mess and with the same IP what you have there is other ppl that they have same IP - this is happen because you are in the same ISP its like massive LAN with same IP
Example:
1000 ppl from that ISP have IP 123.123.123.123
next 1000 ppl from same ISP wil have 123.123.123.124

etc.. etc.. etc..

and one more thing maybe you need a Loopback

and make shure you have open this ports here
1709799100447 - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums

1709799111774 - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums

So i've gotten past that part and ports are forwarded, i get to the start button then press that and it hangs there. says i moved from login server to lobby server and just leaves it there.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What port connects to 5692 ? its not activing when the client loads up

1709836630722 - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm using Matar's server files, is there a reason the port and IP at the top are commented out, i know the client looks for that port in the LoginServer.xml but i cant find it anywhere else

Attachments

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
remove ; from that line and set server IP (this what VM get from DHCP) same for lobby and other.

[RaGEZONE]-1709836630722 - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums

Desktop 08-03-2024 06-57-24-220 - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You have commented out the ports:
GatePortLogin=5690
GatePortLobby=5692

This means that your MainServer cannot communicate with the LoginServer and the LobbyServer.
GatePortLogin = LoginServer = LoginServerConf.ini -> [MAINSERVER]
GatePortLobby = LobbyServer = LobbyServerConf.ini -> [MAIN SERVER]

The entry with the "GateIP" that you have in your "MainServerConf.ini" is not required.
In addition, the entry would also be incorrect: GateIP=="123.4.5.6"
Correct would be: GateIP="123.4.5.6"
But as I said, the GateIP is not required there.
The IP is specified elsewhere.

Unbenannt - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums

Now a comment on your "VM"

If you have installed the VM locally on your home PC, you will have problems if you want to make your server "public". (Friends can connect to the server from outside)
For this you need a "static IP address" (an address that does not change).
For a normal person with normal Internet and router, the IP changes automatically every day. (Normal Internet contracts/routers only have a "dynamic IP address")

You can get a "static IP address" if you have a company, then you can order a "static IP address" for your company.

I would also recommend that you convert the server out of the VM so that you no longer need a VM. (it is also stupid to use a virtual PC on a PC)
Once you have converted the server out of the VM, you can use the server on any operating system and no longer have any connect problems.

I also noticed that your IP in the configs starts with "192.168.x.x". This indicates that it is your local PC IPv4 address. (Ethernet-Adapter)
But the server needs the IPv4 address of your router.

You can get it here:

I just remembered that if you have taken the server out of the VM, you can then use "hamachi".
That would be a free option.
Another would be to rent a cheap vRoot. These always have a "static IP address"

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I would need to add the routers public ip instead of the config ipv4 in command prompt?, I always thought you could use local ips with port forwarding it would still connect through the port, if the client had your static ip.

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I did not put my static IP in any config and i can login from out side by using my static IP only in client

Desktop 09-03-2024 03-50-08-235 - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did not put my static IP in any config and i can login from out side by using my static IP only in client

View attachment 257714
And you're using the client and server files from this topic ?, Could you send me your Config files ? maybe there slightly different then mine ?

1709994934927 - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums

Okay so i got past the Start button, Found the world list, clicked matar, authorizing then after that i get this.

If i try to edit the GATEPORTLOBBY: 5692 on main server config, the whole game wont even load (Serverside)
Like taking the ; away from it

1709997591866 - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums
So if i uncomment the 5690 the world system sysdb fails.
and if i uncomment the 5694 the world and lobby system wont work either.

Where do i find the quest
  1. quest name is Hiden secret remains
    In game it gives the error I don't have the relevent quest and after this one theres no other quests on the map. need to find it so i can fix it and that way it will populate more quests

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
And you're using the client and server files from this topic ?, Could you send me your Config files ? maybe there slightly different then mine ?

View attachment 257736
Okay so i got past the Start button, Found the world list, clicked matar, authorizing then after that i get this.

If i try to edit the GATEPORTLOBBY: 5692 on main server config, the whole game wont even load (Serverside)
Like taking the ; away from it

View attachment 257737 So if i uncomment the 5690 the world system sysdb fails.
and if i uncomment the 5694 the world and lobby system wont work either.

Where do i find the quest
  1. quest name is Hiden secret remains
    In game it gives the error I don't have the relevent quest and after this one theres no other quests on the map. need to find it so i can fix it and that way it will populate more quests
If you are using VM/PC connected to the same Lan:
Start any server.exe,read the IP itshows on LocalHost (u can also check with cmd,ipconfig)
Then just put this ip inside all configuration.ini files.

Edit Client/Game/GameData/ADataXML/loginserver.xml to the IP it shows on the server.exe (the one you put inside configuration.ini files) and everything should work,port should be 5694.

If you are using a PC outside your lan:
Start any server.exe,read the IP itshows on LocalHost (u can also check with cmd,ipconfig)
Then just put this ip inside all configuration.ini files.
But in LobbyConf.ini there should be "ExternalIPforUser" thereyou need to put your Public IP (which you can get at whatsmyip or wtv)

Edit Client/Game/GameData/ADataXML/loginserver.xml to the PUBLIC IP of the server PC and everything should work,port should be 5694.

PORTS MUST BE OPENED OR THE GAME WILL NOT CONNECT.

hello new patch for icarus 3.1 new desert pvp map new dungeons new and repaired quests and new interface more client and server available I could not try the server because I could not download it because the link was pan baidu. I tried 2 3 sites but they were closed. If we have a friend, can he download the server and client and upload it to googledrive or mediafire? If Matar is here, I will be glad if he gives a hand

I dont know if you purchased this server, i hope no because its all fake.
The server is 2017 one and doesnt even have new map files, is like the one from matar.
They also put a exe with Level 80 but it does not work,wrong value changed,they copied values that xBrainWash shared.

The server shows to have 2023 modified date because the guy changed the icon of the exe, so the date updated.
Trash server.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm facing this type of error when I increase the level quantity from 70 to 80, can anyone help me?

Attachments

Back