Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ideal requirements for a server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im jsut wondering if i was to host a cabal server for around 50 people what would the requirements be, like the ideal connection?

And would it be possible to host on a dedicated server or at home with about 1mb upload?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It is always best to host dedicated and not on the machine you also play on. You can easily run a small server from a home dsl line but how many players will depend on the exact line speeds as "1mb" just refers to the downstream and not the upstream. On a 256kbps upstream you should be ok for around 30 players i think.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i as thinking on runing it on a seperate computer with 1mb upstream :)

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That should easily get you more than 50 players and you will only be limited by ram and cpu power. The more channels you have the more ram it will take so start off with just 1 or 2 channels to see how much gets eaten up and then increase if yu want/need to.

Back