• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm currently coding up the very popular "The Pack" source, and I've been thinking of things to add to the server. I don't know if some of these things are easy to do or even possible and I'd like to know if they are possible, and if they are how should I go about doing them.

1. Change the exp divination between party members
2. Gaining NX Cash when you kill mobs
3. Making the drop rates less than 1 on certain items (because even at 1 they still drop too often)
4. Making custom quests (not like those lame "Bring me these items quests")
5. Making entirely new NPCs and Items (Like from Scratch)
6. Making a entirely new class with custom skills

If I think of more things I'll add them

Also if anyone has an ideas they'd like to shoot at me (or someone else) post them here so that we can bounce ideas off of each other and maybe start a revolution in the world of Maplestory Private servers

Just in case your OCD and it's bugging you not to know my source is The Pack Rev 108 v62.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well personally i like to use NX as a prize for events I dont't like NX whores :3
Getting a new job to work will be hard as hall so G.L with that
Getting new items, i don't see a use for that (except for a unique server)
Custom quests would be cool
New NPC scripts would be nice, people keep releasing same crap over and over
Drop rate would be nice, causes lag and its such a simple thing >_>
EXP division between parties... maybe if you can get the character who kills FULL exp and leecher half of it. instead of splitting the exp completely

Maybe you can add:
I like of stuff and add it haha

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So it's all totally possible? That's good. I'm working on adding a new job, I compiled the new job into the server correctly and everything but now I have to make new skills...and that's not the hard part...the hard part is making 100s of individual images for the skill's graphics..being as this is maplestory the skills are done in images...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So it's all totally possible? That's good. I'm working on adding a new job, I compiled the new job into the server correctly and everything but now I have to make new skills...and that's not the hard part...the hard part is making 100s of individual images for the skill's graphics..being as this is maplestory the skills are done in images...

Can you show us some ss's?...adding a new job would be another reason nexon has a reason to sue us >__>

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
making or adding stuff from diferent / higher versions will probaly get you shutdown and sued if you go public and get popular.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm currently coding up the very popular "The Pack" source, and I've been thinking of things to add to the server. I don't know if some of these things are easy to do or even possible and I'd like to know if they are possible, and if they are how should I go about doing them.

1. Change the exp divination between party members
2. Gaining NX Cash when you kill mobs
3. Making the drop rates less than 1 on certain items (because even at 1 they still drop too often)
4. Making custom quests (not like those lame "Bring me these items quests")
5. Making entirely new NPCs and Items (Like from Scratch)
6. Making a entirely new class with custom skills

If I think of more things I'll add them

Also if anyone has an ideas they'd like to shoot at me (or someone else) post them here so that we can bounce ideas off of each other and maybe start a revolution in the world of Maplestory Private servers

Just in case your OCD and it's bugging you not to know my source is The Pack Rev 108 v62.

1. Possible but depends on your current knowledge of Java.
2. Already exists, but I believe its the most stupid thing.
3. No comment.
4. I believe those "real quests" are done via WZs.
5. WZ editing which RaGEZONE's Maplestory section disallows discussion of it.
6. No.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1-3 yes and trivial
4-5 yes with wz repacking which is for stupid people who pretend they can code
6 yes if you know how to make a client

Upvote 0
Smoke & Fly
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1. Already done.
2. Already done.
3. 1 makes it drop 100%, get your facts right.
4. Already done.
5. Illegal.
6. Illegal.

Any more?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back