Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I'm gonna translate my client into several languages, but I can't do it alone.

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've decided I want to translate my Gunz pserver client into languages other than English. Gunz is a game enjoyed worldwide and as such, it needs more languages for the server than just English.

However, I'm only fluent in English. I need people to volunteer to help me with this endeavor. It won't be easy, nor will it be quick. This could take weeks to put together, possibly a month or two depending on how dedicated the people are to it.

As I've stated, I need people to volunteer for this. My team only knows English, we need others. So all people who are FLUENT and have GREAT grammar in the following languages, please contact me via PM:

French

Filipino

Chinese

These are the only ones I'm doing for now, though I'll probably do others as I finish these. The people who are volunteering need to be FLUENT and COHERENT in BOTH their selected language and English, as direct translation will be needed.

I would have done this myself, but I didn't wanna use Babelfish for everything and the native speakers of those languages read it as gibberish, so I'd rather have someone who can speak those languages do it.

As far as compensation for the translation service, you'll most likely get to play on my server and test things with my team and me (and my friends) as a reward, unless I think of something different.

PM me if you're interested, and make sure to demonstrate to me that you're fluent in both English and your other language.

I'll update this thread as things progress.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I will help you for the french part since i'm from Québec, add me on msn if you want.
PS: I'll pm you =D

Edit: oh and btw my french grammar is perfect, if you want a proof i'll send you a scan of my school notes

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alright. I'm thinking I'll accept Kochon. It'll be nice to have several people to a language though, so if anyone else knows French, or any of the other languages, contact me.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
An ambitious project, will this be a multi language client or several diffrent clients for each diffrent language?

I am afraid that I only speak english myself but still, best of luck with this project.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i can find some people to help me if you want RepublicOfAstra...

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
An ambitious project, will this be a multi language client or several diffrent clients for each diffrent language?

I am afraid that I only speak english myself but still, best of luck with this project.

Several different clients, one for each language. I'd rather not have to try to make the language selectable, plus it'll be a hassle for non-bilingual people since they'll only want one language.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
but will it be compatible with any kind of match servers? i mean if you have the french gunz.exe and system.mrs but the server is running the english files, will it work?

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
but will it be compatible with any kind of match servers? i mean if you have the french gunz.exe and system.mrs but the server is running the english files, will it work?

This will only work for my server as far as text goes. The interface textures will work on any server, but I have to mod a lot of XMLs in the system.mrs as well as the interface.

You could make it compatible with other servers, but there's no guarantee it'll work for every server. You'd need to mod the system.mrs I make with the other server's vital XMLs, such as scenario.xml, zitem.xml, etc. So I guess it's possible, but not recommended unless you know what you're doing.

Upvote 0

mts

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hey astra can I join your team? hehe.. I can translate only to portuguese(Brazil) =/

as i see you wanna make your server "international" I can represent Brazil ^^ (my server has 40 ppl online i can make them go to yours)

I wanna join a good team that have a good server..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
so i'll let that part in the hands of somebody that is better than me ^^

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hey astra can I join your team? hehe.. I can translate only to portuguese(Brazil) =/

There's no need for Brazilian. I can get most, if not all of it from the BrGunz client and adapt it to my server. But thanks for the offer.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Republic, no way! Don't get translation from brGunz! It's awful, if you were brazilian you would know what I mean! brGunz has a BabelFish translation, pratically. Don't do that, brazilians will be disgusted with the translation as we were when we player brGunz x_x

At least allow me or any other brazilian to take a overlook at it and fix the so many bad translations :(
Don't do that with us. A nice portuguese or English. As I know you hate latin guys saying that Engspanish.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can translate it to pt_BR (Brazillian portuguese) if its just plain text.

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Republic, no way! Don't get translation from brGunz! It's awful, if you were brazilian you would know what I mean! brGunz has a BabelFish translation, pratically. Don't do that, brazilians will be disgusted with the translation as we were when we player brGunz x_x

At least allow me or any other brazilian to take a overlook at it and fix the so many bad translations :(
Don't do that with us. A nice portuguese or English. As I know you hate latin guys saying that Engspanish.

I didn't know that.

Well, if you're interested in it, contact me via PM with an AIM or MSN address. You seem pretty fluent and all that, I'll probably have you handle Portuguese, along with someone else.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then its uber easy.

As Hakurah mentioned, brGunZ translation is really creepy. I have no more doubts they either used babelfish to translate it or someone really BAD on english did the job.

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Then its uber easy.

As Hakurah mentioned, brGunZ translation is really creepy. I have no more doubts they either used babelfish to translate it or someone really BAD on english did the job.

Well, if you and Hakurah don't mind, I'd like you two to help with the Brazil translation then. But I can't start anything until this weekend, I have SHITLOADS of homework all this weekend.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Zip the poop you want us to translate and pm him a link we are friends and all heh.

Not sure how long will take, college starts next monday.

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Zip the poop you want us to translate and pm him a link we are friends and all heh.

Not sure how long will take, college starts next monday.

Add me on MSN, I'd rather do this away from the forums. Get the address from me via PM or from kochon or Hakurah.

Upvote 0
Back