• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

I'm on the move...

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes that's correct, the wheels are turning. I am getting back into motion, as I'm motivated and I want to get something going. The next few weeks are gonna be hectic, with a lot of things coming. Biggest thing you're gonna see is a revamp and rework of the sections. You can provide suggestions and criticism as I do the work, but as for the forum, this is what we're looking at as far as structure:

*Knowledge base is being removed for oblivious reasons
*RS Help is getting a prune and a new structure is being enacted. See below for more details
*RS Client section is being removed. It is not used, and frankly un-needed. Use the RS Help and RS tutorial sections for client tuts (modification to tag requirements will be there
*RS Tutorials is getting a rework. I'm holding a higher standard to tutorials; Anything that's simple configuration is no longer allowed, and tutorials that are common sense will no longer be allowed. There's a help section for idiots who don't know what a firewall is
*RS Advertisement is getting pruned
*Main section is getting pruned

Next, as for a server, I'm currently in development of one. I'm going to get a temporary server cleaned up and to standards with my new source. It'll provide some good fun while I get the big guns put together and polished. We wouldn't want to rush now. This temporary server will not be impacted in the transition. All skills and players will be kept, except the cheating faggots :3

Discuss :3

I need money in RS. Help?
Reaction score
Didn't you say you were going to do this around, I don't know, 6 months ago? Nothing really happened. Not that it's your fault, but the RaGEZONE RuneScape Community that is never active anymore.

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why are there 3 mods here?

Reaction score
Regardless of how many moderators are here or needed, I'm glad to see something is /hopefully / gonna be done about this nonsensory. I think this section is a great addition to RaGEZONE, no matter how inactive or useless it may be to some. There are forums out there dedicated to the development of RuneScape private servers, so it's going to be tough.

I bid you good luck Daniel, I have faith.
Also, good luck to the other Daniel and Arran! :D:

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Supervisors are in all the sections. The last time that I tried all this, Dan (MentaL) decided to randomly throw in two mods that never even post in this section: Daniel (Sparrow) and Auke (Nyaa). I got extremely upset at this for two reasons. We don't really need even me, and he threw in two people who don't know RS dev... Like at all. I got questioned by some of the rs guys and I was mad myself, so I appealed to Dan to have them removed, and my section changes put in place. Well he refused to remove the mods so I forced him to put Arran (Fedexer) in and take one of them out.

As much as I pestered him, he never made the section requests happen. I was pissed so I just let the two new mods take care of the section for a while. Didn't turn out as good as they kade it seem lol.

All I know is that I want to get this done and I'm going to try and get it done fast. We have all summer, but there's no time to waste

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Also just a heads up, I don have stable Internet so I may have small onagers periods. Don't worry, if I'm not online, I'm still working hade on the server

There's no RL just AFK
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad that something's finally getting put into place, I for one know what it's like to try and be motivated and it can be really hard when the section is slowly dieing and there seems to be no faith left in those who remain.

It worries me that Dan posts this, and the following replies relate to why there are so many mods? Can we not be happy that something might actually be starting, I mean if you all were so worried about getting something done why didn't someone else start some of the projects that there was talk about? So let's support Dan in this movement instead of hindering it.

I will also now be more active as I have been awol due to the lack of requirement for action in the section, and also due to uni exams/work. Now the section is getting straightened up it will be far easier to start from a fresh slate and get everything in order, the section has been in dire need of a major prune for many years now, due to the old/outdate/or sheer useless posts which accumulated over the years!

Hopefully this time around we can get some life pumped into the section, and maybe draw in some fresh blood. I definetly believe that RZ as a whole does well having a dependable and stable RS server, and it's an eyesore not seeing one anymore (this also serves as a great way to draw back the rs devs/learners to the section). God I remember when I first joined the forums, this section was one of the best sources of RS Dev information across the tinterwebs, and it would be nice to be able to even claim back a small percentage of that.

Hopefully your msn is still the same as usual Dan so you can call on me when needed, so I can assist somewhere.

Well that's my 2cents for now.

Arran

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I actually built a small emulator for version 317 but there are too many fatal bugs. I can't be bothered to fix and move to newer veresions because there seems to be no interest in RSPS anymore. :/ Maybe I'll dig it from my pile of projects some day.

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's funny how arran got super defensive when the moderation numbers were questioned. kekekek

I unofficially have stable internet again. Let's hope the neighbors don't figure out that I brute forced the poop outta their wifi encryption. Needless to say, I can continue uninterrupted. Let's hope for some results :3

There's no RL just AFK
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Bah, that doesn't bother me, If they want moderators to step down i'd oblige, it's more the fact that the moderators seemed more important than the actual purpose of the thread and that's just rather annoying ^^

God Daniel, I think it's time we snipe you some proper internets huh?

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just popped in here to find some old screenshots and saw this. I honestly miss the lot of you. I remember the good old days when this section was active.

I'd love to catch up with a bunch of you, if you all still remember me. :)

Nice updates Dan. I remember when I got the RS client section added here when I was a moderator. I thought it would be successful, that was a huge mistake.

The light can't stop me.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd love for something to happen, just being back in this section brings back awesome memories :')

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just an update. After some talk wiht MentaL, we're putting off the section removal. It's confirmed that it will be completed soon though. Currently revising all the rules to be put in effect relatively soon. I'm working on source and whatnot... 317 poop... Deal with it :3

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
At this point, I'm gonna break my own rules (because I can) and cintuple post since I feel like updating more often than when someone posts.

In order to facilitate a speedier start up, I decided to merge projects. Since the longest and most tedious parts of my project are the networking and event sides, I decided to stop reinventing the wheel. I've picked up Hyperion and am in the process of removing some of the crap that I don't like.

By doing this, it's going to help out a lot. A lot of time is dedicated to the networking aspect of the game server. "jaggrab" is implemented (saves me like a couple days of breaking code), which allows you to use a web client that streams the cache. Essentially, whether you download the client, or play over the web, you "download as you play." Not my original idea, but I was going to implement it anyway.

I will be taking my models and be integrating them into Hyperion's software. My player model, database model, and skill model (which is being revised yet again!) should be rather easy to sync with Hyperion's cycle-based Event system since it's what I had on my source.

Basically for now, Hyperion provides:

*Fully Asynchronous Input/output
*Jaggrab implementation - Native cache protocols. Client downloads cache in the background, allowing user to play sooner, rather than downloading the entire cache just to load
*Event Manager - Based on system timer, but only processes events needed, rather than processing the entire game server
*Only 30% shitware, compared to 90% in other servers

I'll be combining several features in Luminace, my private source, which include:
*Conservative Player Model - loading for players is done in requests, rather than being demand loaded. Player model is a 4 part system that is completely independent of the other parts. It is loaded in stages over time, relieving the stress on the database and effectively 1/4thing the load time for the player.

*Parallel Database System - Demand requests are inevitable, but request pooling, and batch updates when flushing player data. Players are loaded in parts, and once loaded, are locked until logged out. Players are loaded into memory, so no database interaction is performed until the character is unloaded. Unloaded players are batch saved, greatly improving performance, and reducing redundancy

*Pluggable Native Skill System - I can't delve too much due to the fact that I am scrapping the system and returning to the template, however the basics of it involve a hybrid plugin / object serialization system. Basically, I can write skills like a plugin system, but they load into native objects. Therefore, I write the skill functionality once, and each individual skill is written like a plugin. Upon start up, or request, the game server takes all the plugins and recreates the actual skill natively. I can write skills quick, easy, and best of all, live with ZERO overhead caused by normal plugin systems

That's about all the info I'm giving for now. This integration (based on my current schedule) should take me a few days, however the forum work and my business trip will cause this to take closer to a week. Once these systems are in place, I can get all the major skills working in a day.

Thanks to some generous friends, I also have sponsorship for both the dedicated server, as well as a web host! I'm separating the web host from the game server to reduce stress and to add redundancy (one DDoS attack won't down everything). If this gets off the ground soon, it'll definitely be due to our gracious sponsors (don't think you're getting anything from me, I'm a broke mofo lol), so when the time comes give them a thank you :3

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GhostSnyper, that sounds great. Loading cache only when needed would be awesome. I should implement it myself too.

Back