Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I'm pretty much annoyed

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Right, it turns out the school janitors, lunch ladies, classroom assistants etc. in my county are on strike tomorrow (or in general, all UNISON workers). The catch is, the 'upper' school (4th Year to 6th year, or Year 10 to 6th form (or however the English work it out)) need to go back tomorrow while the lower school and the primary schools get the day off.

No extra long lie for me :sad:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well put laz.

i think i still got 2 weeks off.

dunno i had 8 weeks in total

Gold
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Same here... we got told we will be off but then we got a letter out saying we have to go in :sad:

Ex-Mod
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well... the teachers here threatened to strike last school year.

I personally was told not to go in to school if that happened. I was told so by a school official. The reason was not to protest, but because they said that the school would be run differently if those people were on strike - they were going to have administrators teach and such, and I was told I'd get confused and it would make me nervous, so I shouldn't go if that were to happen.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We had 8 weeks, and damn are they going fast.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well... the teachers here threatened to strike last school year.

I personally was told not to go in to school if that happened. I was told so by a school official. The reason was not to protest, but because they said that the school would be run differently if those people were on strike - they were going to have administrators teach and such, and I was told I'd get confused and it would make me nervous, so I shouldn't go if that were to happen.

Last year my teachers who were part of the union striked for better pay, so for half of the school year I sat at home, home-school style, to try and pass my finals, which I did...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Where all those good looking chicks are situated with their sexy Scottish accents?
Ehh, I can see that in Miami, minus the accent, which I can get on the interwebs.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
I'd hate to go to school in Scotland.

Why? We have a very high pass rate in our education, our schools (along with the rest of the UK's schools) are being modernised, we have a good education system in the UK/Scotland/England/Northern Ireland/Wales/Guernsey/Jersey/Isle of Wight/etc

Where all those good looking chicks are situated with their sexy Scottish accents?

Such a strong and valid point.

Back