Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Incorrect Minimap Display Troubleshooting

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some of my minimaps are displaying the wrong map, anyone know the whereabouts of the minimap files as they dont seem to be in the map folder, or am i missing something ???

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: minimap files

MiniMaps are in the clients data folder called mmap.wil and mmap2.wil
You need the viewer HH8 to view these.

Then inside SQL under TBL_MAPINFO you will see fields for townmap(BIGMAP that you use "B" button to view), and one for Mini_Map. These numbers are the image number inside mmap.wil. You'll notice that Bichon (map0) has a townmap #101, but inside mmap.wil its #100, this means when you use a number from mmap.wil, you must add 1 to the images number. (you only need to do this for minimaps)

Uploaded an HH8 incase you need.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: minimap files

yeah i knew about the numbers in TBL_MAPINFO, problem i had was in Past Bichon all of the minimaps were messed up, not only that but all of the doorways were as well, taking me all over the place lol.

Anyway sorted all of that out, and i did manage to sort the minimaps out by drawing a diagram of the maps layout and the route, and the minimap numbers made sense how they were numbered then. But it was a lot of trial and error.

Many thanks for attaching that viewer as i didnt have that and now i also know where to find the minimaps as well.

Back