Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Increase size shockwave DCR

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had no problems playing the oldskool retros when I was using my (too) old desktop setup, now I recently upgraded to a more modern monitor and now all shockwave retros suddenly look so tiny you can barely read a thing.
I tried changing the width/height parameters in the HTML but that does not seem to affect the game at all.
How can I increase the dimensions of the game within the dcr or html? Then I don't have to use a tool like Windows' magnifying glass which is a pain to use, especially when doing other work while playing.

PS Puomi hotel currently has a nice solution for this, they somehow multiplied the game size by 2 but I have no idea how they managed to do it.

Ic9Q93s - Increase size shockwave DCR - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've actually managed to take a peak at what Poumi had done. Basically what's going on is that within "habbo.dcr" or "puomi_xl.dcr" there is code that sets the stage/canvas size to the double amount.

(the stage).drawRect = rect(0, 0, 1440, 1080)
(the stage).rect = rect(the stageLeft, the stageTop, the stageLeft + 1440, the stageTop + 1080)

Now also inside "fuse_client.cct" or "fuse_p.cct" there is some extra code that allows the logo to be centered as well as dialog boxes.
It's worth mentioning that you would probably also need to make changes to "hh_room_utils.cct" to allow the infobox buttons to be positioned correctly.

I'm currently trying to make a more generic solution, maybe overwriting some of the code within before mentioned files to achieve the same effect. I'm targeting v14.
So far I've managed to make everything work except for centering the loading bar, but I will take a look at that when I got the time.

I will see if I can find the time to write a post here sooner than later.

Upvote 0
Back