Intel Computer Builds for 2016

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I thought I'd just throw together a few builds which will help you to get started (or upgrade) as a PC gamer. The aim of this list is to allow future upgrading easier as well as use some of the latest GPUs available and other hardware. There's a couple of notes just below so please be sure to read them.

If you're completely brand new to PC's and want to go even cheaper than what's provided in this thread, Monolith has a decent AMD build here which has room for upgrades in the AMD path: http://forum.ragezone.com/f116/450-gamers-build-1056558/

Notes
  • These builds will be using only Intel-based CPUs since, in my opinion, AMD CPUs are not up to today's standards. Once Zen comes out I'll make Zen-specific builds as well.
  • These builds will be using only SSDs but it's up to you whether you want to throw in a HDD or replace the SSD entirely with a HDD.
  • I will not be including cases with the builds, this is purely hardware.
  • Following on the 3rd note, I will also not include and peripherals, monitors, fan controllers, etc. in the builds.
  • All pricing will be from PCPartPicker and in GBP (£), as of 25-02-2016. Prices may vary.
  • No Operating system will be included.
  • I won't be using Skylake (Intel's latest architecture) since the prices are ridiculous for minimal performance gains.

The Builds

Feel free to make modifications and discuss the builds amongst yourselves. :