Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

iPhone 4s memory issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Good evening!
Few days ago i bought an iPhone 4s 16GB, + unlimited Internet bandwidth, +1000 minutes of talking + 1000 sms so its sounds Good to me.
went home, upgraded to IOS 5.0.1 installed few apps (also games)
and when i went to general -> usage it was 3.1 GB Used.
before few hours checked and it is now 3.5 GB used.
and i didn't download anything, the apps is not the reason.
i tried cleaning logs, cookies from browser etc and didn't work.
searched whole google and didn't find solution, found similar topics about the iPhone OS that take space, and its not this problem, because if my iPhone is 16GB, it shows me that i have 13.6 GB.
so i hope someone will help me here, maybe someone experienced this problem before. my knowledge in IOS's is low, I'm good with symbian's (nokia's OS) so i'm kinda new to this one.

Thanks!

georgegeorge - iPhone 4s memory issues? - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at?
The actual iOS isn't included in this if you're wondering why the numbers don't add up, and the different between it going from 3.1 to 3.5GB is simply app data. Your facebook is only 18.7MB, whereas mine is 91.6MB. It varies depending on how much data your apps actually download.

Reaction score
Up is understandable. Like I said earlier, many apps download data so it's likely they'll increase in size. But down? Unless they automatically clear their data themselves, then I'm not entirely sure.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
About 13.6GB:
It varies on the devices, like my ipod touch 4 has 28,5GB in total and my friend has 29,3GB. (32GB ipod touch 4)
So it's normal to have below 16.
And the os counts 1 GB as 1024 when sales always sell 1 GB = 1000 MB

See
General -> About -> Capacity

georgegeorge - iPhone 4s memory issues? - RaGEZONE Forums
Also safari etc, caches take up space, so try clearing them. (I had over 1GB in mine after a month of not clearing so it's no wonder, and sometimes youtube app also caches the videos if you happen to leave it on)
E: also FB etc take more after you surf and visit profiles, the documents & data for that are like 300MB after visiting a few profiles & looking at pics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back