Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ISP censorship

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hm, since a few weeks I can't open various internet sites.
Including apple.com (This at least works a little time, till I want to download something) and microsoft.com.. I've googled a bit and found also someone having the same problems like me with the same ISP.

Do you think that the one and me just got the same router with the same problem? Or could it be censorship from the ISP?

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
both work for me .. dont know :p

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
both work for me .. dont know :p

Yeah, like that's gonna help.

Well shao, you could always try contacting your ISP and asking them if they've been banning websites throughout all their customers or just you. You might get some kind of answer.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yeah, like that's gonna help.

Well shao, you could always try contacting your ISP and asking them if they've been banning websites throughout all their customers or just you. You might get some kind of answer.
Ye, I thought I try a old router today and if it ain't work I contact them.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Set your self up a ssh pipe aka a Virtual Pipe :) means isp can't 'stop' you surfing sites, because they can't see what your looking at.

Regards,
Vynsan

Reaction score
Hotspot Shield could be the simplest solution.

It could also be a virus, someone editing your hosts file, or some sort of firewall/browser blocking that's gone wrong.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Could be your ISP's DNS servers...

I use OpenDNS.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I'm using .. But the funny thing is this page doesn't work also.
I tried to open the sites on 3 different machines and 2 different os..
So I guess it could be the router, I will try this opendns later today. Or change the router..

Thanks for the help :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hmm I tried OpenDNS... On the site it says "Welcome to OpenDNS!" And it seems enabled, but microsoft.com and a hand full of other pages are still not working..

Hmm I think the router might be f*cked up :/

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Or you might have a virus or something similiar to that :O
A scan wouldnt hurt?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Or you might have a virus or something similiar to that :O
A scan wouldnt hurt?
You think on my pc? Well then it should work on the 2 other machines, and the other os. But maybe the router is infected? Oo

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yes I tried opendns on router and on local machine... But I still have the problems and don't got any idea how to fix it..

Back