Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

iweb v69 not working

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been trying to get iweb running for 1.4.5 but everything I try I end up with this in my log file:

assoc_session = com.goldhuman.IO.Protocol.Session@fa3ce5 activeio = com.goldhuman.IO.ActiveIO@b41541
ClientManager::OnAbortSession,peer=/0.0.0.0:29400
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:592)
at com.goldhuman.IO.ActiveIO.Close(Unknown Source)
at com.goldhuman.IO.PollIO.Poll(Unknown Source)
at com.goldhuman.IO.Task.run(Unknown Source)
at com.goldhuman.Common.ThreadPool.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
assoc_session = com.goldhuman.IO.Protocol.Session@df88d2 activeio = com.goldhuman.IO.ActiveIO@18faa02
DeliveryClientManager reconnect
DeliveryClientManager::OnAbortSession com.goldhuman.IO.Protocol.Session@df88d2
iweb: 03 Mar 2013 01:30:03,685 INFO - userid=,operator=null
iweb: 03 Mar 2013 01:30:09,171 INFO - roleid2Uid(1025),ret=-1 gm: (0),reason:
iweb: 03 Mar 2013 01:30:09,171 INFO - userid=,operator=null
snmpwalk: Timeout

Tried a few different iweb releases including these:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/1-4-5-release-iweb-857417/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f753/can-help-iweb-1-4-a-905555/

Any suggests would be great.

Thanks again,
Steve

One additional point: game is up and running and my kids are signed in and playing.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
please learn to read the whole error instead of just saying it doesn't work, i don't know why, help.

This begins your error right here, solve this first, the rest might follow:
ClientManager::OnAbortSession,peer=/0.0.0.0:29400
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I can understand the error, I'm just not sure what the issue is. For some reason it cannot establish a connection to that port, even though the server is running and I have triple checked the iweb.conf and gamesys.conf files. Both files are using ip address 0.0.0.0 for delivery service/client but not being a network guru I am not sure that is correct.

I am suspecting that the configuration files should be using the machine's ip address instead. I'm going to try that but have not had time yet. Just wondering if anyone else has it working.

Thanks,
Steve

Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
if you downloaded 343's iweb, you shouldn't have needed to do anything, however if you are behind a router, you would need to forward the proper port, there can be several things wrong, tho the ip's are not one of them. Without looking at it myself, I could'nt help ya.

(you by chance have apache2 installed?)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
In general, for PW related servers anyway, 0.0.0.0 and 127.0.0.1 work (127.0.0.1 is localhost/loopback and 0.0.0.0 is telling it to listen on all network interfaces)...

I also hadn't realized that I didn't include my .conf with the iweb (at least I don't think I did after I thought about it), so you can grab that here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/1-4-5-release-iweb-857417/#post7502894

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Ok I did some more work on this and here is what I found.

I removed my iweb and started with a fresh 343 release. I opened iweb and went to the server management page. The browser freezes waiting for a reply. I then signed a character into the server and went back to the browser and refreshed the server manangement page. It loads everything perfectly. I changed a few settings and tested (2x) everything was applied successfully. I signed out of the client and went back to iweb and everything continued to work just fine.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this behavior or maybe there is some initialization that is not being done on my part. Not a big deal as I can make it work now :)

Thanks for all the help!

Upvote 0
Back