Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Japanese "Ver. 1.05" Client (August 2005)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So, before I begin, let me go down the list:
1) Unless some miracle happened while I was gone, no, you CANNOT use this client with your server. (Even if you wanted to, given the date.)
2) This client is untested and is being provided "as-is" with no support given.
3) Please do not message me with any questions about this, support or not.

Now, it's story time.

So, I was searching through Yahoo Auctions the other day out of sheer boredom. Sometimes, I'll search for Trickster items because I adore this game. Well, I had some insane luck.

Screenshot_1 - Japanese "Ver. 1.05" Client (August 2005) - RaGEZONE Forums
(Image gotten from the proxy service I use.)

Here lies a simple CD-ROM, containing an installer from the game...that supposedly dates to the Summer 2005 Comic Market event. I was awestruck by this. I'd been looking for a physical copy of the game off and on. And for only 1,000 yen? I bet the seller didn't know what they had.
I had to. I love Trickster. At the very least, if the installer didn't work, it's a nice piece of history.

Eleven days of me metaphorically tapping my foot out of impatience passed. What was on this CD, besides the installer? Maybe bonus content, a hidden wallpaper or something? And just how old is the game in 2005? I know (or heard) that jTO was started in 2005, but this could have been a beta client a-la the old server files we used before Season 2. To say I was insanely hyped may as well have been an understatement.

And today, here we are. In a box marked with red fragile tape, shielded by newspaper and a mass of bubble wrap, was just what I was looking for.

E2Qqb8IWEAEQH-O - Japanese "Ver. 1.05" Client (August 2005) - RaGEZONE Forums

"But Timer," I hear you ask me, "why were you so excited over this?" Well, there's actually a reason for that, and it's not just because it's Trickster history. There was one thing I was set to do once I got this game: pass it on to you all. I wasn't going to keep this piece of history to myself. So, without further ado, here you are:

(Google Drive)
(Google Drive)​

Happy exploring, everyone.

UPDATE: I poked through the client and discovered the following:
> Version number is 1.00d, according to the launcher.
> Launcher and intro screen use the classic Trickster logo, not the stylized Japanese one on the autorun and CD.
> Intro_load graphic is VERY different from both the cTO clients and the Revo/S2 ones.
> Except for the autorun, all copyrights appear to be from 2004.
> Login is still web-based. This surprised me.
> The client contains second job sprites but not third job ones, leaving me to guess that this client is dated later than the cTO alphas(?) but earlier than Revo.
> The libconfig cannot be decrypted with TO Toolbox, unless a different key is used. (See ruthstrom's post below.)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The encryption key is here.
Please rewrite the source of TO-Toolbox and try it.
Code:
[SIZE=3]// libcmgds: "abcdefghijklmnop"
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]//private uint[] key_libcmgds = new uint[] { 0x61626364, 0x65666768, 0x696A6B6C, 0x6D6E6F70 };
// libconfig: "?T_Ric@k&ST%E*r?"
//private uint[] key_libconfig = new uint[] { 0x3f545f52, 0x6963406b, 0x26535425, 0x452a723f };

[/SIZE]
The file below is the replacement of Cabala_Datadec with the encryption key of ver0.5.
View attachment CB_libconfig_decrypt.7z

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back