Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Just reformatted my computer

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So i now have xp from vista... And for some reason i have no wireless network thing. Anyone know how to get this?

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
Moved to Help section, as for your issue I'm not entirely sure but it could reside in when you were setting Windows up you could've configured the network wrong, could be an issue with the age of your computer (some older models are not compatible with wireless networking) or a plethora of other things, I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me on the situation will reply within time though, goodluck nonetheless.

butt > Tits
Reaction score
Try to find windows XP drivers for your model. Google <your laptop brand + model + "XP drivers">

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
More info required...

What kind of wireless card? PCI? Built in? Dongle?

Regardless if it was working fine with Vista it should work with XP...XP should have automaticly installed the correct (albeit probably outdated) drivers for the device.

Reaction score
More info required...

What kind of wireless card? PCI? Built in? Dongle?

Regardless if it was working fine with Vista it should work with XP...XP should have automaticly installed the correct (albeit probably outdated) drivers for the device.

XP is older. Several years older. Fairly certain there are things which work with Vista which didn't exist back in the XP ages & hence have no backwards compatibility. Not by default anyway, as above mentioned just google your WiFicard + XP drivers & you'll find them somewhere.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
Fairly certain there are things which work with Vista which didn't exist back in the XP ages & hence have no backwards compatibility.

Good point....didn't really take that into account :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fairly certain there are things which work with Vista which didn't exist back in the XP ages & hence have no backwards compatibility.

LOL, WAAAAAY OFF, you can find ALL of the "new" vista stuff in programs found on the net for FREE, only diffrence there really was is driect X 10, witch still to this day most use 9.

google it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like everyone has stated before already - just need to make this clear:
If your internet doesn't work after reformatting your computer - it's because you've yet to install your Motherboard's LAN drivers on your PC.
Google your Motherboards name and find your LAN/Ethernet drivers on their supposed Support/Download section -- Also; download the correct driver for your Operating system and bit rate.

The one and only!
Reaction score
LOL, WAAAAAY OFF, you can find ALL of the "new" vista stuff in programs found on the net for FREE, only diffrence there really was is driect X 10, witch still to this day most use 9.

google it.
Rishwin is correct, Windows XP was released in 2001 and Windows Vista was released in 2007 which is a good 6 years gap and it is a reason why XP drivers might not be available for everything on a Vista machine.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rishwin is correct, Windows XP was released in 2001 and Windows Vista was released in 2007 which is a good 6 years gap and it is a reason why XP drivers might not be available for everything on a Vista machine.

XP driver will be availble, its NT.

Reaction score
You're thinking way too technically about the architecture of the OS & its theoretical compatibility.

As pointed out by someone else, we're simply looking at the release gap. There are software technologies which came out after XP was dropped which were never patched or hotfixed. Some hardware simply does not work on anything older than Vista.

If a piece of hardware physically did not exist before XP was discontinued, how would the XP OS have native drivers for it?

Back