• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Just won some new hardware! :-)

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So.. very rarely do I ever partake in any random drawings or anything of that sort.. and when I do - naturally, the odds are stacked against it.

This afternoon, I hopped on to check my Facebook - and I am the winner of a brand new 128gb Kingston SSD ;)

Absolute perfect timing to, my older 500gb drive I am using as my main right now is starting to corrupt my windows installations due to random corruptions which no amount of error checking/fixing seems to correct.

So... YEAH! Two thumbs up to that, its a $240 piece of hardware, and gives me a good reason to format and put up a new SSD as my main hard drive :-D

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
sigh... ole Betsy still does the job "click, grind, click, click"

Anyways congrats.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I am super stoked - going to do a picture review for the company sending it to me... and it will be a very viable upgrade to my crappy spin-up drives. No more RAID for me!

Btw, I hate RAID-0.. just sayin, nothing but problem - and for anything short of 10krpm drives, the speed difference doesnt help.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, I got the official word, it'll be mailed out on Monday, should be here by thursday/friday next week.. hell yeah!

Run CrystalDiskMark on your current setup, then run it on your SSD and post the results :wink:

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Big problem on using CDM right now, as of last week I removed my RAID array, and plugged in just a single terabyte drive - I have good reason to believe both of my 500 gig drives are bad, which is why this SSD is a godsend! Will allow me to run my 2 1TB's as independant storage, and the 128 as my main boot/gaming drive =)

But, as requested, I will definitely run the benchy soon as the new drive comes in =)

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sardaukar - Just won some new hardware! :-) - RaGEZONE Forums

The little burps are from me clicking on a program (Was testing it) - affected it slightly, but you can see just how awesome an SSD is compared to a mechanical drive RAID.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Banned
Banned
Reaction score

The little burps are from me clicking on a program (Was testing it) - affected it slightly, but you can see just how awesome an SSD is compared to a mechanical drive RAID.

Nice 6x faster then my single mechanical drive. But also with no seek time :eek:tt1:

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice 6x faster then my single mechanical drive. But also with no seek time :eek:tt1:

haha, the seek time is godly on SSD's, plus the fact that with no moving parts, the actual average read is WAY up there - I'll benchmark my 1 TB mechanical drive and put the pictures right next to each other =)

Back