Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kobold V3 Standalone Server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here you guys go Kobold V3 Standalone server i do not take credit for anything besides putting this together
it uses kenny's spawns with kobold v3

This Server is for WoW 2.0.1

Make Sure you extract 1.12 maps extractor is in the tools directory after extracted place in your ws directory

or download them here

now go to diskw folder,then your www folder and read the readme to set up your web page

after that use the killerxx2 frontend to start the mysql server if i left anything out please tell me

1.12-2.0.1 patch

New Version

make it a lan server with the steps on this page
http://forum.ragezone.com/world-war...erver-kobold-v3-standalone-server-217805.html

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
be careful... maybe it's my problem, maybe it's my stupid antivirus, maybe it's a virus on my computer that auto copied hiself into that file, but my antivirus detected a trojan horse into the killerxx2fronted.exe(or what the hell it's the file name). i healed it. so when u extract it, be sure u scan the folder.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Probably a false positive, but it does give an error from AVG.

killerxx2 - Kobold V3 Standalone Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hmm... strange. I know for a fact that it's not infected. (I work very closely with him). The frontend actually started off as a batch file, then he compiled it into an executable using QuickBFC. Anyways, i'll see if I can get the original batch file from him for all you virus-conscious folks. :smile:

Anyways, you don't need PHP or mysql installed in order to use this stand-alone server, as it comes with diskw. Have fun. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok, so if i start with that file(when it will be fixed) it will work without mysql? also on-line? but if so i can't edit anything, right?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

theres the batch file for the virus-conscious folks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@edoz: diskw comes with its OWN mysql-nt.exe. When you use the killerxx2frontend, start by using option 1 to start the mysql server, then run the World server, then the Realm and Login servers.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
also the fourm dose not take you to a repack fourm it takes you to my server so please do not report bugs there :D

if you need help message me or yamachi

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you need a host for this, please send a message to me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry this is noobish, but what account info do you use? :S

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just use navicat to add a new account, or use the webpack that comes with it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
okay account works fine.
only problem now is that i cannot create a character :(
blood elves + draenais are also blanked out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
everything worked fine, but i get the reputation error in the world server when trying to create a character

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hmm... We had no problem with the server whatsoever, but other people ARE experiencing problems creating characters on their own servers. Their is a fix posted on RaGEZONE, just do a search.
@hail123: ofc blood elves and draenei are disabled! This is a 2.0.1 server, not TBC...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1 last thing, how do you mod max level/speed etc. thanks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To change your level, type .m level ##, and type .m speed ## to change your speed. Be advised that the mod level command can only take you to 60, and the mod speed command goes up to 20. Also, there is no way to chnage the max level in Kobold, as it is controlled by the core, but by changing your characters level in the DB while logged off, you can get to level 255 (or whatever).

P.S. To see a list of commands, type .commands while ingame.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got a problem when ever i run the World server it seems to take up all my cpu power, is that normal? Also at what point do you know its finished loading everything? Does it come up with a message?

Back