Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

KSM Maker/Editor

A.K.A /v\aX /--/ PHP Guru
Reaction score
Hey,

Well This is just an idea post for you programmers to think about, Id love to make this myself but I wouldn't know where to start..

We have a couple of KSM editors which is great But no guides from which to make new KSMs for these new maps INT pulling..

My Idea is if there could be a program which you can load a mini map as a background to the KSM we want to edit.. Now I know that mini maps work in blocks of four maps so I duno if we could drag the mini map around the background to get the block needed for the current KSM you trying to edit or get the program to open a set of four maps to match a mini map..

But it would really be worth a try at this as editing KSMs would be easy with a map guide in the background!!

Pls have the think about it for just shoot me down :p

aka Reb3lzrr
Reaction score
Uhm, doesnt DA's tool have this function ( It doesnt load the minimap, but the KCMs color map ).
My KWE has the minimap loading aswell... And calculating which part of the minimap is needed is easy ;). Height based is better ;), it 'paints' the KSM based on the KCM's heightmap

Q: What is height based?
A: A little demo: Click:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice work
Boarderkoen are you realease your editor? or is only private?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
All info is here:

Why do all the editor interfaces keep the OPL rotations in quaternions and not do conversions to euler? If I'm wanting to rotate an object it just makes sense to work in 0-360 degree axes. Boarderkoen, I will buy all the rights to the source code for the 150€ (roughly $300) and you can release it for free.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Why do all the editor interfaces keep the OPL rotations in quaternions and not do conversions to euler? If I'm wanting to rotate an object it just makes sense to work in 0-360 degree axes. Boarderkoen, I will buy all the rights to the source code for the 150

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It's to do with the human interface not a computer interface.

When I was doing all the research to write the guide on quaternions I believe I read somewhere that with the Euler method, the rotations on the different axes can actually interfere with each other.

Either way, I'm cool with the quaternions. Keeps idiots from playing with OPL's and releasing utter crap.

aka Reb3lzrr
Reaction score
Why do all the editor interfaces keep the OPL rotations in quaternions and not do conversions to euler? If I'm wanting to rotate an object it just makes sense to work in 0-360 degree axes. Boarderkoen, I will buy all the rights to the source code for the 150

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Either way, I'm cool with the quaternions. Keeps idiots from playing with OPL's and releasing utter crap.

A typical arogant response. I always side for the idiot because if it wasn't for us idiots, non of this would exist.

Quaternions have absolutely no possibility for gimbal lock. That's why they're used.

I'm not questioning why they are used, I'm questing why does the user have to interact with them when there are other means to do so. It should be just as easy for a 13 year to understand and work with as a mathematician, especially when it has a 150 price tag on it.

Thank you for the offer, but I dont take it ^^

Don't say I didn't offer.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
A typical arogant response. I always side for the idiot because if it wasn't for us idiots, non of this would exist.

Arrogance is certainly not the line I'm trying to take. If I didn't want people to learn to work with OPL's, I wouldn't have written a guide for quaternions. I respect inexperienced people who are willing to learn; I agree, without them, we wouldn't be here.

What I don't like at all is inexperienced people unwilling to learn anything new.

I understand your desire to simply be able to convert; I agree it would be much easier. I've done a bit more research, and I think a converter can be written as long as it does one axis at a time, one quaternion at a time using the multiplication method. All that remains is to see if someone will actually do it, and based on his posts, it seems Boarderkoen is.

I'm not questioning why they are used, I'm questing why does the user have to interact with them when there are other means to do so. It should be just as easy for a 13 year to understand and work with as a mathematician, especially when it has a 150 price tag on it.

I wrote a guide that people who have a scientific or graphing calculator and a VERY basic understanding of sine and cosine (like, Geometry or Algebra I level) can work with quaternions. That falls approximately within your 13-year-old range.

I feel like I've done my part. I've explained the mathematics as best I can, and actually implementing that is now left up to the people here that can program. I'm currently taking a class in it, but I don't yet know enough to write this kind of program. I'm willing to learn how.

Arrogant Wizard
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why do all the editor interfaces keep the OPL rotations in quaternions and not do conversions to euler?
I fixed that :/

But most likely forgot to release a version of it.

aka Reb3lzrr
Reaction score
please do...

feel free to continue it and kick the absolute poop out of Boarderkoen while your at it.

Wow, what a hostility. Probobly only because you envy me, and your probobly jealous of KWE.

Pathetic

Anyway, tedelex, GL in RL

Gz reb3lzrr

Back