Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

L2O L2 (off) (L2j)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,
I am sry about this question...but what is the difference between L2 (Off) and L2 (L2J) ? Both is Lineage2 ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hope those l2j people fix those glitches...i can't use dagger to blow people when they r running...rofl
so glitchy

That made about as much sense as tits on a bull.

L2j - Is Way More bugs than L2off... For the simple fact that they have not even had enough time to Add all of the missing stuff.

Not Only that... half the Summons/Boss spawns dont even work Correct.
Everything is masive Buged...

I don't know what server you guys are playing or what files you tried but they are way out of date. My server is full C5. Meaning for those of you that are slow...everything works. Missing 2 htm files thats it.

They have not had enough time? There is teams of people working on it, unlike the few people working on OFF files that actually share. OFF files are way behind l2j.

f u want a low / medium rater server...
with Sieges and Clans/ wars involved... and you want quests/BOss to work 100% you want AND NEED l2 off.

Works fine in L2J.

So it Goes like this.... If u JUSt Want to Run C5 For no reason.... Go to L2j.
If you have serious User amounts / War / siege / Grind / Quest / Boss in mind..... you need L2oFf jsut for the fact that 99 % of the stuff works correct.

Show me a private server running official files that has 99% of C5 working.

After all ? what can be better than the real Deal?

I would agree with this if there were OFF C5 files that were 99% working.

lol...gg+wtfpwned

My eyes hurt from the brilliance of that post.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
l2j and 99% c5 = nice joke (manor/skills/spawns/char stats [check movement speed ;] ... there is only c5 client +some "working" skills the rest is not even full c3)

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
L2j is not the same as l2Off.... and it will never be able to support as many users as l2off if it remains in java.

.... its all open source if l2j is So great why no one convert it to c++ or a more power+ langauge

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
On a 3GHZ/4GB RAM/ SCSI disks/100mbit Dedicated lines server machine L2j could hold of 600 users with lilttle lag.Stop being so noobish and face the reality.

EDIT:Don't ever call me moron again you noob

:iamwithst :iamwithst :iamwithst :iamwithst

Show me an l2j holding 600ppl with little lag... :rofl: :newbie:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
gatta update from l2off to l2j.....lol

Try it :D

Show me an l2j holding 600ppl with little lag...

They are pretty damn rare but are out there. I am not going searching for them though. They are rare cause most of them have no idea how to configure there server. When mine gets to the 600 mark i will let you know.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1st: Java Is a PORTABLE LANGUAGE, therefore it's a better language for an open source project + Quite easy to learn.

2nd: It may be bugged but you can easilly have acces to the source and try to fix it yourself, + contrib to the community. BUT yes, L2j has alot of buggs and missing stuff. I update my servers every day, so I know about this point.

3rd: It may lag (my servers have alot of pepople and they lag.. that's true), but why? It's not because of java (well mayb a little), but it mainly is because of the GS. Only one GS controlling all the action?? No, we need, more, an npc server, a geodata server, a cache server etc... then we'll hold more than 1500 online, dunno if lag will still be here, but the ammount of people will grow for sure. A GeoData Server (zone) would be nice too. Atm they are developing a Cache server and an NPC server, wich will increase performance alot

4th: L2J --> VERY customizable and FUN! note: Weddings, faction systems, automatic events, fun source made events and alot of "cool things" that can be done (war of races etc...), java must be known, but all of those things can be done only (i think.. XD) in L2J, as we have acces to the source.
5th: L2Off perfect for a low rates server, but still C4...

5th: It may be very easy to get an L2J up and running (it is XD) but it is not easy to get it working 100% well. A Default config for l2j can't hold more than 300 while a well configured server can hold +800 (note l2signs or my own server), and this is with only a GS and a Login Server (plus sql of course).

I dunno if i skipeed something.. but still i'll answer replies later on XDD.. If there's any. LOL :rudolph:

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
YOU HAVE sindrome of dawn

Se nota que no tienes puta idea de ingles desgraciado. A mi no me vaciles de esta forma.
He insultado yo a alguien?? A que biene lo de la enfermedad?? Patetico!
----------------------
This dude is a moron, and just insulted me. I'd like some mod to give this dude an infraction warning. I did not insult nor did I disrespect anybody. Therefore I'd like somebody to warn this guy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
L2j has a limit, L2Off have no big limit.
You want a low rates server, for almost no people? And you have time and pacience? Use L2j

U want a Medium or High rate server? With no lag? Remember you can always add C5 things later... do your choice.

Its my opinion.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
l2off is ok, u can hold a huge community, on problem (at least in my case:IT IS ILLEGAL). l2j maybe full of bugs bla bla bla, but on my server(one machine) holds 400 High Rate and 100-150 Low Rate + Login server. if u work on stability u can have more, take echikinetics, they had huge population, at some point they had about 1500+ online on l2j server... given the right hardware u can hold as many players in l2j as on l2off server. plus l2off sucks because u must modifiy client for everything. one big bubu everybody makes, they take donations, ncsoft dont like that and u get busted, either FBI style either they hack you to death (happened before, will happen again). As for the big l2off guru masters out there if u really are good, test this: set up l2j server and configure it to hold more than 400 ppl. btw did i mention my server machine is a p4 3ghz, 2gb ddr, sata-1 200gb?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
l2off is ok, u can hold a huge community, on problem (at least in my case:IT IS ILLEGAL). l2j maybe full of bugs bla bla bla, but on my server(one machine) holds 400 High Rate and 100-150 Low Rate + Login server. if u work on stability u can have more, take echikinetics, they had huge population, at some point they had about 1500+ online on l2j server... given the right hardware u can hold as many players in l2j as on l2off server. plus l2off sucks because u must modifiy client for everything. one big bubu everybody makes, they take donations, ncsoft dont like that and u get busted, either FBI style either they hack you to death (happened before, will happen again). As for the big l2off guru masters out there if u really are good, test this: set up l2j server and configure it to hold more than 400 ppl. btw did i mention my server machine is a p4 3ghz, 2gb ddr, sata-1 200gb?

Can u tell us your servers ip so we can test it?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
L2off c4 powned by good configured L2J c5 almost full and some stuff from interlude whit interlude suport client tnx... stop spaming l2j soon will be very stable

Upvote 0
Back