Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine]

Staff member
Reaction score
Its a shame that we don't have the server files just to sniff the packets. Atm I created a simple tcp server changed the game IP but I receive only a new connection, not any bytes received. So I'm guessing I'm supposed to send some kind of handshake packet right after the connection, so the game can know for sure it is the server before sending any other information.

I belive this function has something to do with the packets receiving.

00582100 /$ 55 PUSH EBP

I sent a noob packet and this functionn seems to take some initial values from the packet, make some check and then compare to 0. If it is not 0, (as in my case) it jumps several calls and returns false I suppose

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yup some handshake at begining, i also tried to build a simple emulator, but must to download the new clients posted because the older installer i got just have 2 map files and lots of missing files :(, so my partial sand-box only was able to stand on some coords of the valley of wind. :(

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
oww bobo "The user hosting this content is out of bandwidth." :(, at least just only could download the sunny laxelore-big.7z :(, the other files couldnt :(, but i hope i can retake the project with this :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
SunnyZ you say that this latest still only have 2 maps?
would be interesting with a full all maps (ric etc), but I think it was only released the full with those two maps

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Boca, the one with 2 maps was the laxelore english version, this one chinese looks more complete :), anyway the little trouble i see now is that opcodes changed between the 2 versions so im still fixing some stuff on my sandbox. (hhmmm i hate the packets change!!! need more reversing!!! :( )

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm understand
The Chinese version is the SunnyZ released?
Because if that other game that came after LaxeLore not have what most interests him.

Ricarten, Phillai, monsters PT, PT characters etc :/

Reaction score
Hmm understand
The Chinese version is the SunnyZ released?
Because if that other game that came after LaxeLore not have what most interests him.

Ricarten, Phillai, monsters PT, PT characters etc :/

It has most if not all the weapons, monsters, characters and maps

There are a lot of maps, 15 in total, fields, caves, dungeons. And there appears to be one town map.
Town map is in the folder \resource\Object\map\10006

The 3 main nif models for the town map are

TerrainObject.nif - All the houses and objects on the map

bobbman - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

ground.nif - All the basic barriers, some objects.

bottom.nif - Adds a terrain ground level

So yeah, I'd have to say it is a pretty complete version of the game.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ohhhh I was impressed with this city, very beautiful
@ The game is the legend of the ring?
and would like me to deliver this city I see the 3ds?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
oww bobo "The user hosting this content is out of bandwidth." :(, at least just only could download the sunny laxelore-big.7z :(, the other files couldnt :(, but i hope i can retake the project with this :)
Hmm. Yup, it's telling me I've used "606% of monthly bandwidth" so I imagine this folder won't open again for 6 months. >.< I'm not touching it though. It can stay like that, The files won't go anywhere. XD

I've not been able to find out what the bandwidth limit is but... Oh well. Sorry guys.

Honestly, SunnyZ file is the best base. The update files are supposed to apply progressive patching, but I'm not sure which base they start from or anything now. The only advantage to the setup is to see how it was officially installed and the English translation.

Ohhhh I was impressed with this city, very beautiful
@ The game is the legend of the ring?
and would like me to deliver this city I see the 3ds?
The game is Laxe Lore, except that Laxe Lore was supposed to be PT2. Since 2nd Enigma won the role of PT2, Laxe Lore went through some changes and, I get the feeling, was considered unsuitable to fit in the franchise. Legend of the Ring On Line is still Laxe Lore, but removing all intellectual property connected with that franchise. So, the last time I saw it, it still had a lot of things which look like PT monsters or character classes (or at least Laxe Lore ones) but the names are being changed up and their function doesn't fit in PT lore any longer and so on. What where monsters become NPCs and NPCs become monsters and things like that.

Honestly, both Laxe and 2nd Enigma change up PT classes quite a lot. In Laxe, we got Blade Runners in place of Pikemen, for example, and any class can be either gender. ^_^

The older the version, the more similar the maps where to PT maps, where 2nd Enigma maps and costumes don't even feel like they're from the same world. XD

I put several Laxe maps into Max, but found I have no idea how to make them into PT maps. They have 2 or 3 levels of detail, IMS. The closed detail containing rooms within buildings and clutter on the streets, but having tens of maps per field. The overall field map looses collision data, clutter and interiors, as well as dropping texture detail. (it's clearly for distance rendering only) However, it does contain an entire field. Finally, there is a massively reduced version with almost no detail at all, which is clearly meant to be viewed sown together with all the other fields for very distant viewing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm. Yup, it's telling me I've used "606% of monthly bandwidth" so I imagine this folder won't open again for 6 months. >.< I'm not touching it though. It can stay like that, The files won't go anywhere. XD

I've not been able to find out what the bandwidth limit is but... Oh well. Sorry guys.

Honestly, SunnyZ file is the best base. The update files are supposed to apply progressive patching, but I'm not sure which base they start from or anything now. The only advantage to the setup is to see how it was officially installed and the English translation.

The game is Laxe Lore, except that Laxe Lore was supposed to be PT2. Since 2nd Enigma won the role of PT2, Laxe Lore went through some changes and, I get the feeling, was considered unsuitable to fit in the franchise. Legend of the Ring On Line is still Laxe Lore, but removing all intellectual property connected with that franchise. So, the last time I saw it, it still had a lot of things which look like PT monsters or character classes (or at least Laxe Lore ones) but the names are being changed up and their function doesn't fit in PT lore any longer and so on. What where monsters become NPCs and NPCs become monsters and things like that.

Honestly, both Laxe and 2nd Enigma change up PT classes quite a lot. In Laxe, we got Blade Runners in place of Pikemen, for example, and any class can be either gender. ^_^

The older the version, the more similar the maps where to PT maps, where 2nd Enigma maps and costumes don't even feel like they're from the same world. XD

I put several Laxe maps into Max, but found I have no idea how to make them into PT maps. They have 2 or 3 levels of detail, IMS. The closed detail containing rooms within buildings and clutter on the streets, but having tens of maps per field. The overall field map looses collision data, clutter and interiors, as well as dropping texture detail. (it's clearly for distance rendering only) However, it does contain an entire field. Finally, there is a massively reduced version with almost no detail at all, which is clearly meant to be viewed sown together with all the other fields for very distant viewing.

No use then download the latest version of the legends to the ring?
@As the Realm took a part of the game to use as select?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Probably not. Even to get the resources out of LROL you need to crack open the packed files. In it's self, that may not be too hard, but since (unless I'm mistaken) it's in a closed China only beta cycle... that's gonna be hard without a server Emu. And that alone is not enough reason to write one, I think. :\

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I mainly wanted to download the 3D files to analyze, as this the SunnyZ
Exporting the file to 3ds and then import it back to the 3d would take all the techniques that were used, and can therefore run on PT. Or not?

I really enjoyed this city that showed SunnyZ and probably have more interesting files

Reaction score
All you need to open the nif files in 3ds max is the NifTools plugin

However I have not managed to get the maps to work in PT yet.
When exported to ase the file size is around 400mb, normal maps in pt are about 20mb.
There are just too many polygons and PT craps out when attempting to convert the ase to smd.

To get it to work, you would have to rework and reduce the polygon count of the entire map, that's LOTS of work, you would be better off creating a new map from scratch.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

When exported to ase the file size is around 400mb, normal maps in pt are about 20mb.
There are just too many polygons and PT craps out when attempting to convert the ase to smd.

To get it to work, you would have to rework and reduce the polygon count of the entire map, that's LOTS of work, you would be better off creating a new map from scratch.

And in a matter of textures? All are correct in 3ds?
And you can send me the map to see me here?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't think the NIFtools plugin recognises the NIF textures. I had to grab those out of NIFskope with a screen grab and re-map them. There where just too many to work that way for maps.

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score

This map does not seem to be 200mb of polys xd.. There are two things i noticed that kind of dramatically multiply the ASE size are:
-Exporting with normals (pt does not need it (the object looks exactly the same))
-Multi-Sub Material being repeated over and over (and over (and over (etc..)))
-Morph targets not embedded to main model (no worries for PT)
-Forcible texture splatting (theoretically PT could be forced to do texture splatting ;b)

When you import the mesh, the material already comes kind of 'embedded' in it.. With all materials.. In this case (importing something, editing and exporting), to dramatically reduce the file size, use just 1 material on the map.. If you have used the same as the imported one, you would have to correct it (apply the same material to all objects on the scene) and save it, and then merge only the map (and lights) to a new scene.. Usually the pt materials have roughly 400 submaterials... so.. if you use an object from a map, and then an object from another map, without fixing the submaterials, the exported file will be huge ...

About textures, almost every texture on PT (and probably the LL too) is a tileable texture.. There are almost no 'complete' textures (like an pillar with the pillar's textures).. All objects have lots of submaterials, so the guy working on the map can kind of 'paint' the object using the submaterials (for an example, those pillars with needles coming out of it, the horizontal parts of the base are one material ID, the vertical parts of the base are another material ID, the needle is another (mat ID) and the pillar itself (the middle, usually round, part of it) yet another one..

So.. there are no 'textures' for maps on pt.. In fact, i suspect it would be roughly the same textures as PT1.. :).. If the material ID's are not messed up, you can re-paint the map with PT1 textures :)
(it would be already mapped, etc.. i suppose that it would be less tricky =D)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yet he did not lose the UWV map. would have to put the textures again anyway, where can baixer this sunnyz customer who found the map? @ Waiting for the map, if possible

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I suspect it can be one (some) of those bizarrely named nifs..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
By the way, anyone of you who did the testa beting on LaxeLore or LegendOfRing had recorded some packets?, i hate a bit the nightmarish with reversing :p, so hopefull someone have a small enlightment, working with lots of trial/error values takes so much time :p lol :)

Back