Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Learning to Edit Aura Kingdom Game Files Without Assistance

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have been getting a large amount of DMs on Discord & on the mailing system for RageZone asking the most basic of things. In all honesty, I am quite new to Aura Kingdom development. I know very little compared to users like @UseresU who have been here for a while. However, being a developer for 13 years I can tell you the easiest way to learn how to edit a file & know exactly what it does especially for games like Aura Kingdom where the files system isn't overly complex.

Step 1. Do Your Research

If I am getting a DM for a solution that exists, I am going to direct you to where the solution is located. There's no reason you should be coming to someone for something that exists. This creates the toxic community that we currently have: people who know what they're doing selling services for absurd prices, scamming other users, experts getting tired of responding and giving up on their own developments, & newbies afraid of learning.

Before I came along these solutions weren't easily accessible or were just outdated. Always remember to check my Guide Compilation Thread, Release Thread (shows the V #'s), Error Guide Thread, and the File Location & Purpose Thread. If it does not exist in any of these or any other pinned topic then feel free to ask.

Step 2. Learning What Does What

Every developer before you, no matter the experience, has done the following. If you're not doing the following then you have zero excuse to say you tried everything & searched everywhere for the answer.

1. If you need to edit C_* file then most likely need to edit the S_* file and if it has text then you most likely need to edit the T_* file. This is a universally known answer for AK development. If you're asking why it's not working despite not essentially copy pasting your fix to the server or client file then you did not follow that reasoning which means you did it wrong.
  2. Sometimes a fix requires multiple files. Take adding Eidolons for instance. Here's all of the files involved: S/C_Partner.ini, S/C_PartnerCombo.ini, S/C_Spell.ini, S/C_Enchant.ini, (Server & Client Side) motion.ini, biology/model, biology/animation, & biology/texture. So don't look at a single file and go "I can't fix it." Either look at the thread linked above to find the purpose of each file or simply figure out what does what which I will mention below.
  3. Figuring out what each |||||| does is time consuming, not difficult, laziness gets you nowhere. Instead of relying on people to eventually post a thread in a couple of years figure it out yourself & possibly contribute by posting your own threads. Take this line for example:

60199|M105010|S00115|||NPC-BufferYoko|1||1|2|3|144||||||9|16|16|108|116|8|0|0||1|||||||||||||||||||||151064###|#:Talk 151065 0#:::::#:GiveBuff 44354 21600:GiveBuff 44355 21600:GiveBuff 44356 21600:GiveBuff 44357 21600:##:|#:Talk 151066 0#:::::#:GiveBuff 61709 1800:GiveBuff 61711 1800:::##:|||||||0|||||

Change what's in-between each || ONE at a time to see what it does. Then document it. Does it crash you? Does it change the NPC? Does it change a stat? Does it change the location? Does it rotate it? Simply document. After that revert it back to its original Number/Text/blank and then do the next one. You'll eventually know what does what for most documents.

Based off of the above line I know that:
    S00115 = Background of Dialog Window
    44354, 44355, 44356, 44357, 61709, & 61711 = Buff IDs.
    21600 = Buff Duration (If you read Yoko's math it's wrong. His total is 600 hours (2,160,000 seconds)).
    151064, 151065 & 151066 = Conversation ID.
    60199 = NPC ID
    NPC-BufferYoko = NPC Name

Get the idea?

Step 3. Share Your Knowledge

You ever figure something out on your own? Be it a bug/error or even just a general game fix. Make a thread about it! Contributing is a great way to not only share knowledge but to have somewhere to keep track of it in-case it happens again.

Last edited:
Back