Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Legalities of Running and Selling Items on Servers

Reaction score
technicaly spokent hey are legal as long as you dont use the same names as euromir (for anything), dont use the same quests, dont use the same images (aka you'd have to completely redraw every single wil file yourself without using any of the images from the original client

basicaly the main thing is you cant spread any image from the official client and your players cant use them
if they do they are breaking the law + you're breaking the law for spreading them
and you're also breaking the law if you use the same 'ideas' as the official server (aka item, mob names, quests, ...)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
or use 2.3 files without the source code :p

(its a joke)

Reaction score
you still have to rename everything :p
oh and remember that you cant even tell ppl where to download the original client
since technicaly that still means you're supplying them :p

Reaction score
bah thats gonna take a while lol, but if it saves owt coming back to me then it worth it tbh, thats ok td im sure they smart enough to know what to do lol

VirUs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With so many p servr kicking around, i really wouldn't worry to much about it. Look at rade zone, the longest runing p servers, never been closed down, and all the item on rage zone are the same as euro mir.

Reaction score
yeah but its 1.9...... would that make a diff, if i copied all the data say from p69 and used in my 2.3?

anyways what about donations/selling items on ebay that legal?

VirUs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At the end of the day, ruuning a server is illegal as your using copy righted software.

It's like chaging the name of norton to some thing else, then selling it.

The programing is still the same.

But at the end of the day, mir 2 is a very small thing to the wemade now, and i don't think there are going to start sueing people over runnin p servers.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
lol every game on the internet has p servers its just a fact unless it proper copyrighted and many mir servers are very well known that even wemade noes bout em they cba 2 shut em down cus it helps ppl also go on2 the public server well thats imo

Reaction score
At the end of the day, ruuning a server is illegal as your using copy righted software.

It's like chaging the name of norton to some thing else, then selling it.

The programing is still the same.

But at the end of the day, mir 2 is a very small thing to the wemade now, and i don't think there are going to start sueing people over runnin p servers.

that's not quite true in this cause since the current files are not entirely wemades
most of it is actionly a recreation and not the actual stuff (basicaly making your own version of norton rather then just changing the name)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
that's not quite true in this cause since the current files are not entirely wemades
most of it is actionly a recreation and not the actual stuff (basicaly making your own version of norton rather then just changing the name)

is the software that has been changing open sorce?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
we use filefront,, some complain that its slow, but i never had any probs,, and hey,, its free

Back