Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Life is ironic.

Aww, you looking here? <3
Reaction score
Yester my sister gave birth to her new son, her second child.

And this past week, my eldest sister has been diagnosed with cervical cancer... where if worst comes to worst, she won't be able to have kids [Uterus to be removed]... Which is sad, because she's halfway through her 30s and has been looking for 'Mr Right' to which she has... nice fella. But now probably too late to have a child, to which she'd be devastated... :(:

So, yeah... Life can be ironically cruel.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
I know, right! Just today I was looking for a fork to dig into a chicken but had to settle for a spoon! The result was not beautiful.

Seriously though, very sorry to hear that. I wouldn't take such news very well myself. :(

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
I am really sorry to hear about your sister, you should spend more time with her just to help her feel better.

Reaction score
Yester my sister gave birth to her new son, her second child.

And this past week, my eldest sister has been diagnosed with cervical cancer... where if worst comes to worst, she won't be able to have kids [Uterus to be removed]... Which is sad, because she's halfway through her 30s and has been looking for 'Mr Right' to which she has... nice fella. But now probably too late to have a child, to which she'd be devastated... :(:

So, yeah... Life can be ironically cruel.
Congratulations on the nephew!

Life can be cruel, and cancer is a real bad thing but just remember, removal of the uterus is a great thing to do, it's better to prevent the loss of her life than give the ability to create life!

Don't worry about things, reassuring yourself helps a lot during tough times. We're here for you and your family and I'm sure your friends are too, best wishes.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Fantastic news on the newborn, unfortunate news on the older sister. If you need someone to talk to, you can message me. I don't know much about terminal illness, or the coping after receiving the news thereof; but I'm always there to listen.

Good luck, friend.

Old Time Member
Reaction score
Life was made to be challenging.. you walk through fire everyday.. but once you outcome it.. you'll emerge as gold out of the fire

Life is also precious and short.. treasure every single moment with loved ones..

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Life was made to be challenging.. you walk through fire everyday.. but once you outcome it.. you'll emerge as gold out of the fire

Life is also precious and short.. treasure every single moment with loved ones..

Okay, be right back, I'm gonna go walk through fire to become gold.

Reaction score
If they save some of her eggs, it's entirely possible to have a surrogate mother grow the foetus. We live in the 21st century, it's no biggie these days.

Reaction score
If they save some of her eggs, it's entirely possible to have a surrogate mother grow the foetus. We live in the 21st century, it's no biggie these days.

You be surprised how of little comfort that is to a women who faces the possibility of becoming infertile. In fact, I can almost promise you it will hurt more. It may seem strange to people who may never have to face that prospect but to those that do its like nothing you can imagine. I've spoke to people like this and for some reason telling them things like this, something which is meant to be positive, just hurts for them and they spiral off into unanswered questions of "why can't I be like of the other women?".

I just wanted say congarts to your nephew but really be there for this woman as she will be in considerable pain if the worse happens. *hugs*

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Aw poop man, poor sister of yours.. :( congratz on your nephew though... Maybe they could adopt one? Me and my wife always considered this as an option.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

I would still be devastated. I want to carry my own children, feel them kicking ect.

The one and only!
Reaction score
I would still be devastated. I want to carry my own children, feel them kicking ect.

I understand what you mean (as much as a male can) and hopefully soon research into growing "spare parts" for the body will have developed enough so that we will be able to grow new organs to replace those that go bad!

Daedius I'm very sorry to hear about your eldest sister, hopefully she is ok and with support she will be able to get through the hard times.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I understand what you mean (as much as a male can) and hopefully soon research into growing "spare parts" for the body will have developed enough so that we will be able to grow new organs to replace those that go bad!

Daedius I'm very sorry to hear about your eldest sister, hopefully she is ok and with support she will be able to get through the hard times.

As soon as we accurately develop the tools that are required to "turn on" DNA stems, then we can re-create human organs. It'll be the revolution of health-science when we come across that machinery. We may potentially be able to "live forever".

Reaction score

Women are weird. Maybe it's just a male thing, as long as it's my DNA I don't really care where it's grown. From my PoV, it'd be better to grow it in a vat anyway, then I won't get the moaning of child birth being so painful! Not to mention the benefit of not messing up the women's lady parts.

But I guess you gurls are told from a young age that it's what makes you different (or better depending on if you are sexist) than males. Making it seem like a big deal clearly would make you feel inferior if you lost that ability. Which you damn well shouldn't, because it's no different than being male (which contrary to popular belief, isn't that bad!)

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
As soon as we accurately develop the tools that are required to "turn on" DNA stems, then we can re-create human organs. It'll be the revolution of health-science when we come across that machinery. We may potentially be able to "live forever".

We're honestly not that far off at all. Bionic limbs have been around for a few years already that are fully functional with your brain. That's just one of the first steps. They already can reverse engineer a good majority of your brain and decode the nerve ending signals it sends into a data transmission. It's essentially the same thing only a bit more complex as there is more to reverse engineer than just a limb's nerves and the brain.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.
Hope your Older sister gets well soon. Think Positive, and tell her to do so too.

Congratulations about your second Nephew.

"Living Forever" may seem like a good thing but its not. The earth's population is growing rapidly already. My point is, the earth may not be able to support many more people. Resources would run out.

:junglejane:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
We're honestly not that far off at all. Bionic limbs have been around for a few years already that are fully functional with your brain. That's just one of the first steps. They already can reverse engineer a good majority of your brain and decode the nerve ending signals it sends into a data transmission. It's essentially the same thing only a bit more complex as there is more to reverse engineer than just a limb's nerves and the brain.

Science and technology are a wonderful thing, and after the cloning of that sheep a couple years back, our medical fields have been fluxing tremendously. It's amazing that we're actually using bionic limbs and such.. what would our ancestors think?

Back