Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Linux Server List

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dont forget that cube 2: Sauerbraten link :wink: its not really a MMO but its multiplayer via internet in a system like teeworlds.

oh and your welcome :wink:

Also check the post, there is three kingdoms and hotk. Thats both the same because the game is called Heroes of the three Kingdoms :wink:

Last edited:
cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Runescape servers are Java programs and run on almost every OS. Its not a linux server itself. Tried to go thru the guides but only found noobdows .... uhm ... windows guides :D: Guess there is no difference. Just put up JDK and run the java file.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Runescape servers are Java programs and run on almost every OS. Its not a linux server itself. Tried to go thru the guides but only found noobdows .... uhm ... windows guides :D: Guess there is no difference. Just put up JDK and run the java file.

it works sort of like dofus id assume. since ancestra is java based and so is runescape. if there is a guide it would best to have one made just for linux, to help ppl understand.

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Found another one:

Live for speed has dedicated serverfiles which can be run on linux using Wine.
Link for l4s:
small "how to" in german:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Omnija downloaded from your svn
i setup mysql server added the patches uploaded and installed java and phpmyadmin

when i tryd to run this i dont know what to do :S i downloaded it from the svn in your post.

[root@localhost lib]# java -jar jep.jar
Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
jep.jar
[root@localhost lib]#

its a Dofus server i even used that sudo command you used and nothing tryd all the ways i was searching in google for this problem Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
jep.jar i did the file with Main-Class: jep.jar i dont get it to work, nothing i dont know what to do.. i think im not using the right commands..

and i uploaded the original ancestra the one from windows and its says this look

[emjunkie@localhost core]$ java -jar Ancestra.jar

Ancestra-R v0.5.5
Par DeathDown pour Dofus 1.29.1
Thanks Diabu.

Compiler Par Demien
==============================================================
Chargement de la configuration:
Ok
Connexion a la base de donnee
SQL ERROR: null, message from server: "Host '83.222.126.122' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"
Connexion invalide
Arret du serveur demande ...
Arret du serveur: OK
Creation du Monde
====>Donnees statique<====
Chargement des niveaux d'experiences:
[emjunkie@localhost core]$

Solved: changed db ip in config to 127.0.0.1 and worked

used command: java -jar -Xmx1000m -Xms1000m Ancestra.jar

Up and Running Dofus Server in Linux Dedicated Server! NICE !:D

i Still have one Problem a Huge one, when i close Putty server shuts down.. how to solve this?
Solved: installed yum install screen, then used screen -l and started ancestra.jar, closed putty and server is up and running :D feel free to join: 83.222.126.122 port 443

I will be posting a Tutorial on how to make a Dofus server in a Dedicated server Soon.. English tut

Last edited:
凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Omnija downloaded from your svn
i setup mysql server added the patches uploaded and installed java and phpmyadmin

when i tryd to run this i dont know what to do :S i downloaded it from the svn in your post.

[root@localhost lib]# java -jar jep.jar
Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
jep.jar
[root@localhost lib]#

its a Dofus server i even used that sudo command you used and nothing tryd all the ways i was searching in google for this problem Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
jep.jar i did the file with Main-Class: jep.jar i dont get it to work, nothing i dont know what to do.. i think im not using the right commands..

and i uploaded the original ancestra the one from windows and its says this look

[emjunkie@localhost core]$ java -jar Ancestra.jar

Ancestra-R v0.5.5
Par DeathDown pour Dofus 1.29.1
Thanks Diabu.

Compiler Par Demien
==============================================================
Chargement de la configuration:
Ok
Connexion a la base de donnee
SQL ERROR: null, message from server: "Host '83.222.126.122' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"
Connexion invalide
Creation du Monde
====>Donnees statique<====
Chargement des niveaux d'experiences:
[emjunkie@localhost core]$

Solved: changed db ip in config to 127.0.0.1 and worked

used command: java -jar -Xmx1000m -Xms1000m Ancestra.jar

Up and Running Dofus Server in Linux Dedicated Server! NICE !:D

i Still have one Problem a Huge one, when i close Putty server shuts down.. how to solve this?
Solved: installed yum install screen, then used screen -l and started ancestra.jar, closed putty and server is up and running :D feel free to join: 83.222.126.122 port 443

I will be posting a Tutorial on how to make a Dofus server in a Dedicated server Soon.. English tut

So id assume after problem and solve, you managed it out?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Runescape on linux OS?

Lmao thats funny they are compiled in java and run with java not linux.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Runescape on linux OS?

Lmao thats funny they are compiled in java and run with java not linux.

Emulators written in Java almost always run perfectly on Linux and Windows as long as the Java runtime is installed.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Emulators written in Java almost always run perfectly on Linux and Windows as long as the Java runtime is installed.

Dofus is a java emulator and runs on linux,and i also proved that theory a while back. I wouldn't see why maplestory wouldn't work either with the correct things installed. Also JAVA is a "Language" not an operating system XD

edit: added johnlth93's linux maplestory sea to list

Last edited:
凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just added a few more new links and titles and filled out some of the old titles missing links.

ex - Minecraft/PVPGN and a few others

Last edited:
凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Added more server's to the list such as Endless online

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is very helpful, but doesn't Cabal require Windows Server too? I mean 2 OS, 1 Windows and 1 Linux

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is very helpful, but doesn't Cabal require Windows Server too? I mean 2 OS, 1 Windows and 1 Linux

not exactly sure since i haven't tried cabal, but if it does then ill remove it since the ones on the list should be pure linux compatible. If it consist of 2 os for 1, id have to assume its one of those things like cms=linux and server=windows as of use for combining... which to me is not running anything on linux. if you could verify that would be great.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
added terraria for linux ubuntu

tutorial in attachments

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back