Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Linux Server List

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice. Where to get the client ? They dont think anyone will buy it for 19.99 from steam :blink:

you can buy it or google for a cracked version. I could of linked you to my forum, but i closed it temporarily.

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you can buy it or google for a cracked version. I could of linked you to my forum, but i closed it temporarily.

Found some cracked versions but all crash. Looks like my kernelbase.dll is not supported or its not compatible with win 7 Ultimate x64

Anyways. I'll try on VM :D:

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Found some cracked versions but all crash. Looks like my kernelbase.dll is not supported or its not compatible with win 7 Ultimate x64

Anyways. I'll try on VM :D:

here, this is the folder and it includes all for the client, it's cause you need some microsoft xna software and such.

-> everything you need for client

-> map editor

edit: im not sure about client working on linux though, can always try using wine.

Last edited:
凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Added a mirror for Command and conquer renegade since the original tut and download page is down.
Also added counter strike 2d to the list, since it's a fun small game/server that can be run on any pc.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
added Halo Ce -> consist of wine

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Omnija ? You should part the list into real linux files and wine/emualted files. Just as an idea :wink:

i probably will eventually, atm not feeling too well so i haven't been on for some time. But your right, i should probably edit the list and make it native to linux and emulated to windows linux.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Runescape...

would you mind posting a good tutorial for it? and maybe with some attached files?

also, if anyone would like to give me a hand with the sorting of links and such, please pm me.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
not exactly sure since i haven't tried cabal, but if it does then ill remove it since the ones on the list should be pure linux compatible. If it consist of 2 os for 1, id have to assume its one of those things like cms=linux and server=windows as of use for combining... which to me is not running anything on linux. if you could verify that would be great.
no its not, it needs both of the OS.
windows = mssql (database)
CentOS = server executables

im really sure about this but im not sure what is ur action after this weather wanna disqualified cabal as a native linux server....heeeeee

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
no its not, it needs both of the OS.
windows = mssql (database)
CentOS = server executables

im really sure about this but im not sure what is ur action after this weather wanna disqualified cabal as a native linux server....heeeeee

considering it still consist of a windows OS to run, id have to disqualify this. i could leave it, but i think it's best to have server's which completely run off Linux by it's self . I think it wouldn't be great for people thinking they can run on there linux, since alot of people are at home hosters as myself. I hate to rely on 2 pc's instead of 1.

If there are other server's like this in the list please let me know and ill immediately remove it.

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MS SQL 2005 runs on Microsoft .Net, if you get .Net portable on linux, ( i guess there are many ), then you can try running it on linux, however I dont have any experieince but it might run with limited services.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MS SQL 2005 runs on Microsoft .Net, if you get .Net portable on linux, ( i guess there are many ), then you can try running it on linux, however I dont have any experieince but it might run with limited services.

you'd have to test it out, i don't own a linux OS anymore. Needed to wipe out my external hard drive for use of other things.

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you'd have to test it out, i don't own a linux OS anymore. Needed to wipe out my external hard drive for use of other things.

Tested. Its possible to run the MS-Sql service but you cant connect in any way. So its useless. Im a bit happy about that because i dont really like mah unix system to be infected with that MS poop :laugh:

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tested. Its possible to run the MS-Sql service but you cant connect in any way. So its useless. Im a bit happy about that because i dont really like mah unix system to be infected with that MS poop :laugh:

lol thanks for double checking, but at least now that's 1 game knocked off the list that's not purely for linux.

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Urban Terror is a Linux server available. ( its an Open Source Shooter :D )

here is the Link:
Code:
http://www.urbanterror.info/support/174-linux-server-install/

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Urban Terror is a Linux server available. ( its an Open Source Shooter :D )

here is the Link:
Code:
http://www.urbanterror.info/support/174-linux-server-install/

thanks for the find, added it to the listing.

Back